One day

Valyrian = Bold
Season 1 episode 5:

Valyrian = BoldSeason 1 episode 5:

Maenya POV

My father had insisted on having a joint wedding with my sister in his words it was to 'help fix the divided he has noticed between us'
Ironic, considering he was the one who made the divide.

Ether way, the hall was full of people, hundreds of them. Our father sat in the middle with Rhaenyra on his left and an empty chair between my father and I, for Alicent. both of us in wedding dresses and all the houses entering were announced by Ser Harrold.

"House Lannister with their Lord, Jason Lannister, Lord Paramount of the West and Master of Castlery Rock"

"House Hightower with their Lord, Hobert Hightower. Beacon of the south, Defender of the Citadel, voice of Oldtown..."

House Lannister walked down the centre of the hall, to their seats as Jason Lannister stood infront of us to congratulate us.
Rhaenyra rolled her eyes very obviously.
I could only brace myself for what was to come out of that man's mouth next.

"Congratulations, your grace. You have made fine matches for the princesses."

"Thank you Lord Lannister" I said

"Yes, I could have thought of a better man than Ser Laenor"

I could.

He continues
"Well, if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding"

My father looks too Rhaenyra and says
"Well, my daughter is the future queen" and they both laughed, I clenched my fist. I was no longer sad about it anymore, overtime my sadness turned to anger...

He looked back to me
"And my other daughter soon to be the ruling princess consort of Dorne, I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories"

"Where is the queen? I had hoped to pay my respects" he asked

my father looked at a seat between me and him
"I believe the queen is still readying herself for the celebrations"

The conversation continued, and I simply waited for my sister's betrothed and mine to finally appear.
Just when it was Lord Hightower's turn to speak to us a man pushed in front of them.

"Your grace, Princess Rhaenyra, Princess Maenya. Congratulations, are in order."

"We are very honoured to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold"