7

"So are you and Dallas like official now?" Kiawentiio asked interestedly after she had shown me around the premises. We had finally settled into her dressing room. "What? Oh... no. No, we're just friends," I replied, feeling the warmth rushing to my face. She grinned. "Sure. Just so you know, he does not stop talking about you," she replied. I looked embarrassedly at my fingers. "You think he really likes me like that? I mean, he told me he likes me and he took me out on a date... but I don't know if it was a date date or just a date with a friend, you know what I mean?" I asked uncertainly. "Girl, are you blind? This man has a huge crush on you," she laughed, "Ian told me he snuck out tonight and didn't come back. Was he with you?" I nodded. "Yeah. He was freaking out over that stupid haircut, and then we watched Avatar together and kind of fell asleep," I recounted. It was easy to talk to Kiawentiio. It felt like we had been friends forever, and I didn't even notice the age difference. "Wait! You fell asleep? Like together?" she asked excitedly. I felt my face grow even redder, if that was even possible. "Cuddled the whole night," I replied, unable to suppress a grin. "And you're telling me you are just friends," she laughed, "did he kiss you?" I shook my head. "No, but it's like too early, isn't it?" I asked unsurely. "So it's not too early to sleep in the same bed but it's too early to kiss him?" Kiawentiio raised an eyebrow. "You got a point. But I don't think I have the guts to do it. What if he rejects me?" I asked. She laughed. "Believe me, he will not," she replied. "I can't do it! I just can't," I muttered. "Why?" she asked, puzzled. "It's just like... I never was good with boys, and because of that, I still hadn't had a boyfriend, and I certainly did never kiss a boy," I replied ashamedly, "I don't even know how. Are you supposed to use your tongue?" "No, not at the first kiss," she laughed, "listen, maybe I can talk to Ian, and he can talk to Dallas, and we see what's up. Maybe he has the same problem." "I'm certainly not the first girl he's dating," I muttered. "Well, no. But he is just so shy around you," she replied. I took a deep breath. "Thank you, Kiawentiio, really," I said softly. She grinned. "Hey, don't thank me. Lizzy and I are like the only girls here, and if Dallas brings his girlfriend, I'm more than glad," she replied. "Not his girlfriend yet," I murmured. "Sure," she chuckled. "Hey, Kiawentiio, have you maybe seen where I put my—" the boy who had just come through the door interrupted. He had chin-length hair tied into a ponytail, and his sides were shaved short. He started grinning when he saw me. "Oh, famous Cara," he said and walked towards me. "You must be Ian," I replied, extending my hand to him. He shook it, grinning.

***

It was incredible to watch Dallas at work. He was truly Zuko once the camera was on. "Let me change, and we can go home," Dallas said finally. I nodded and waited until he was ready. As we sat in the car that would take us home, I leaned my head against his shoulder. "It was really nice coming here with you," I said softly. "Wanna come with me again tomorrow?" he asked excitedly. "I would love to, but I have work again tomorrow morning, and I promised Sophie that we will drink cocktails in the evening, so I can't," I murmured. The car door opened again, and Ian got in. Then the car drove off. "So you're going home with us?" Ian asked curiously. I looked at Dallas. "No, sadly, I have work tomorrow morning. But maybe next time," I replied, grinning. "Oh, come on, Dallas! Tell your girlfriend to hang with us!" Ian exclaimed. "We're not together." "She's not my girlfriend!" Dallas and I said simultaneously. "Oh, come on. Get your shit together," Ian said, grinning. I felt my face turn bright red and stared embarrassedly out of the window. The car stopped in front of my house. "I'll text you, okay?" Dallas said. I nodded and smiled before getting out. Before the car door closed completely, I heard a dull thud. "You're such an idiot!" I heard Dallas scold Ian. Ian just laughed, and I walked to the door with a grin.