6

"Cara, Have you seen my - Oh my God, I'm sorry," I heard Sophie's voice. Confused, I opened my eyes and saw her leaving my room again, closing the door behind her. What was going on? I decided to deal with it later and snuggled back into my pillow. Since when did my pillow smell so good? And since when was it moving? Even more confused than before, I opened my eyes a second time and looked up. Dallas was still peacefully asleep. A smile crept onto my face, and I closed my eyes again as he gently pulled me closer to him. "I don't want to wake up," he murmured softly. I giggled. "We can lay here the whole day if you want," I replied and buried my face in his chest. "I'm filming this evening," he mumbled, "wanna come with me?" "Sure, I'm free today," I replied, inwardly thrilled so much that my hands trembled. "Are you cold?" Dallas asked, wrapping the blanket tighter around us. I shook my head. "Kinda nervous about later," I admitted. "Don't be," he replied, burying his face in my hair. Sleepy Dallas was by far my favorite one. He grumbled as his stomach growled. I chuckled softly. "Come on, I'll make breakfast," I said. Dallas hesitated for a moment but eventually got up and put his beanie back on.

Not much later, I entered the kitchen after finishing in the bathroom, and Dallas went in after me. Sophie was sitting at the table and started grinning when she saw me. "So is he your boyfriend now?" she asked curiously as I gathered all the ingredients for pancakes. "No, we're just friends," I replied casually. "Friends don't sleep in the same bed all cuddled up," she said, crossing her arms. I shrugged. "Got late yesterday," I muttered. "When did he come over?" "Gosh, Sophie. Are you my mom? I don't know," I replied. "Jeez, just asking. Calm down," she said, "Can you make some for me too, or are they just for your boytoy?" "He's not my boytoy! Now stop, or I won't make pancakes for you," I grumbled. Dallas strolled into the kitchen. "Need help?" he asked, "Hey Sophie," he waved at her. "No, it's fine," I replied, grinning. "I'll be picked up at four. We should be there by then," he said, leaning against the kitchen counter next to me. I nodded and put a pan on the stove. "Where are you going?" Sophie asked curiously. I glanced at Dallas. "Oh, just another date," he said. I smiled to myself. Another date? That sounded like music to me.

***

"You work here every day?" I asked, looking around the large area in amazement. "Not every day. Next week, I'm only filming a few scenes, so I'll have most of the time off," he explained, leading me by the hand. "Come on, Gordon should already be there," he said, pulling me into one of the many trailers. There sat a boy, about 12 years old, who was getting a blue arrow painted on his head. "Gordon, this is Cara," Zuko introduced me. "OH, is this the girl you have a cru-" Gordon started, but Dallas interrupted him with a stern look, "Nevermind. I'm Gordon. Nice to meet you." I smiled widely. "So you're playing Aang?" I asked interestedly. "What gave it away?" Gordon joked. I chuckled. "Come on, Dallas," one of the makeup artists said. Dallas let go of my hand and sat down in a chair. Hesitantly, I sat down next to him and relaxed as he grinned at me. "How long does it usually take to get ready?" I asked, resting my head on my hand. "With makeup and costume? About 3 hours," Dallas replied. "Hey, Lisa? I think my hair got out of place," said a brunette girl who undoubtedly played Katara. Kiawentiio. Dallas had told me about her. The makeup artist who had just started tying the rest of Dallas's hair into a ponytail went over to her and quickly fixed her hair. She grinned at me when she saw me. "You must be Cara," she said. I nodded. "Yeah! So nice to meet you!" I said. "I think it's too boring here. Come with me, I'll show you the set!" she said excitedly. "Wait, Kia-" Dallas started, but she interrupted him. "Oh, come on, Dallas! You'll be sitting in this chair for two hours! Let us girls have some fun," she said, putting her hands on her hips. "Fine," Dallas muttered. Kiawentiio took my hand and grinned as she led me back outside.