Chapter 57- Daniels Out, and Liams In

Riley was stuck in a daze the entire next few days, back and forth between texts and calls with Liam whenever they had a chance, which slowed out on the first day of practice now with both of them being busy. She was at JC's early in the morning with Tristen and her entire family, along side Logan's and everyone else that made reservations to come in a watch the second practice, because the first one was way too early to be open for. It was loud, and crowded, every table was full, and every chair and stool was paired with a person while the pre-practice talk show turned on the couple different TV's that were hanging on the wall above the bar.

"Alright, we have some ground rules" Tristen said loudly getting everyone's attention. "If you start a fight, you're out, If you shit talk Ferrari, or Logan, you're out as-well" he looked to Riley to see if he missed anything, but was happy with what he said when he saw that Riley was content.

Riley was leaning against the bar top when everyone had their drinks by the time practice started. Both the volume on the speakers and the people talking around the room were loud as the cars started going around the track.

"What does your boy do again?" Tristen whispered to Riley.

"He's on reserve, so you won't see him unless someone on Alpha Tauri or Red Bull is injured" She whispered back.

"You might not see him at all if he messes up" Her dad chimed in from her right, receiving a small shoved from Riley for his comment.

"Your ex is doing good" Tristen said, referring to Max, but Sloan took this as an opportunity to make another jab at Riley.

"Which one" She said, but received a smack upside the head from Samantha, who quickly whispered something in her ear. Riley ignored the comment, and kept her eyes on the screen.

Riley was filled with nerves as practice went on. Her eyes stayed glued to the screen completely when she wasn't refilling someone's drink or answering one of Tristen's many questions.

"Ava you understand this more than me" Tristen said in disbelief that she could actually fully understand what was happening.

"She's five not two Tris" Riley told him feeling Ava place her head on Riley's shoulder while continuing to watch practice.

Practice was barely 10 minutes through when Riley's heart dropped seeing Oscar's car in the wall, everyone around her collectively gasping when they saw it at the same time she did. Just for the camera to pan out and show Daniel right next to him in the wall as-well.

"Shit" Riley said

"At least they didn't crash into each other" Tristen said, only sparking more worried thoughts in Riley's head. Everyone in the restaurant quieted down waiting to see the replay of what happened.

The news came out that Oscar was unable to finish practice, which looked very obvious, but then the camera showed Daniel, shaking his head subtly in the car. The screen changed to the crashes replay, pissing Riley off because she didn't know if Daniel was okay or not.

"No what the fuck" Riley said, no longer used to seeing everything on tv. She wanted to hear the live commentary and see the commotion in the garages so she knew exactly what was happening.

"That looked like a close one" Her Dad said while Ava slid off of the counter, not wanting to watch anymore.

Everyone watched Practice for another 13 minutes with no news on Daniel's well being until practice resumed and Will Buxton was on the screen reporting outside of Daniel's garage. Telling everyone that he was currently in the medical center.