9

I stretch and rub my eyes as I wake up, feeling well rested. I remember it's the weekend and a small smile stretches on my face, widening at the realization that Diane will be here today. I go to put my feet on the ground and immediately notice I'm not in my bedroom. My mind recalls the events of last night and how I must've fallen asleep after helping Cordelia through her nightmare.

I see a lone paper on the nightstand and I look around to see that Cordelia isn't present so maybe she left it for me. I pick it up and unfold it, smiling as I read the contents.

Good morning, sweetheart. You looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake you. Take your time getting up, I'll leave breakfast for you in the microwave if you want it. I hope you have a good time with your friend today.

Cordelia <3

I take it with me as I return to my room to get ready for the day, putting it safely in the drawer of my desk. I head downstairs where breakfast was indeed waiting and I heat it up. It was simple pancakes with bacon and I realize, only after literally inhaling it because it was so good, that the pancakes might've had milk in them. "Wow, I could've sworn you only came down minutes ago — you're already done?" I turn around in my seat and my eyes follow a surprised Cordelia.

"Guess I was hungry. Thank you for saving me some" I chuckle embarrassed, "no problem. And not that it necessarily matters now but I used oat milk for your pancakes" she says while entering the kitchen. Had she turned around she would see the grin on my face. Not many people remember my allergies, let alone care as much as she does about making sure I can eat everything they cook.

"Thank you" I mumble, "now who's doing all the thanking" she looks over her shoulder to smirk at me and I shake my head. I find my gaze dropping to her clothes, lingering a bit longer on her ass. Damn... those pants fit her perfectly. I shake my head feeling no better than a man, grabbing my plate and taking it to the sink to wash.

"Excuse me, darling. I'm just gonna..." she reaches over my head into the cabinet to grab a mug and my gaze instantly drops to avoid the awkward eye contact. Due to having to reach, her shirt rides up showing her lower stomach and I practically drool. Lord have mercy, I need a girlfriend. "What makes you think that?" she asks calmly, "what?" I mumble.

"Your thoughts. You said you need a girlfriend... what made you think that?" she asks innocently as she stirs her tea and I internally panic. Luckily I don't have to answer because the doorbell rings and I rush to get it. I open it to see the brunette standing before me, her arms opening wide. I jump into them and squeal, she just chuckles and walks inside before closing the door behind us.

"You're really here!" I exclaim as my feet return to the floor, "I told you I would be" she grins. "I know but... I'm so happy to see you" I sigh deeply, "as am I" she says as we stare into each others eyes. I hear someone clear their throat and I turn to see the blonde with her tea in hand. "Oh, sorry" I chuckle shyly, "Diane Sherman. Diane this is Miss Cordelia Goode, the headmistress and supreme" I introduce them and walk over with the brunette so she can shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you" Diane says, "likewise" Cordelia replies politely. "So you were Alana's teacher?" the blonde asks with a hint of something I can't really place, "correct. She was my star student" Diane says as she looks to me. "Oh stop it! Emily was in one of your classes — the supposed valedictorian" I smirk, "yeah but Emily wasn't as sweet as you" she points out as she pokes my side and I giggle.

"Well... I have lots of work to do. See you later, Alana, and it again it was nice meeting you" the blonde says before disappearing. "Wow... that happens every day here?" Diane says in awe of Cordelia's transmutation, "pretty much, yeah" I chuckle. "And the supreme... that's the most powerful witch, right?" the brunette asks as I show her around, "yep. She's the best" I say with a smile.

"Alana..." she says in a sing song voice, "what?" I ask confused. "Oh nothing, just that you have a crush on her" she says and my eyes widen, I didn't even know she knew I was a lesbian. "Well I can't read minds but I assume you're wondering how I knew you were gay? Darling, it was obvious by the way you looked at me your whole freshman year. You weren't as unassuming as you thought" she chuckles.

"Oh god... this is so embarrassing" I grimace as I cover my face, "it's perfectly natural, sweetie. I thought it was cute" she smirks as she takes my hands away and I pout. "Turn that frown upside down, missy. Let's go get some lunch to cheer you up and you can tell me alll about Miss Cordelia" she teases and I scrunch my nose as I close my eyes.

"This is literally my worst nightmare" I say dramatically as we head towards the front door, "don't lie. Your worst nightmare would be if I was a witch this whole time and really knew all your thoughts freshman year" she teases which only makes it worse. "Can we just... not speak of that?" I sigh as I hold the door for her, "if you promise to tell me about blondie then yes, scouts honor" she raises her hand and makes the Star Trek sign with her fingers which makes me giggle.

"Deal"

Cordelia's pov
I came back to my office after meeting Diane but I couldn't get any work done. All I could think about is what they would be doing today. I could see the way they look at each other, Alana had this twinkle in her eyes that I've never seen from her before. I know it's been such a short time that we've known each other, so I shouldn't be jealous, but can you really blame me?

She revealed last night that she likes older women and that she had a crush on the brunette. The former gave me hope but the latter crushed it just as fast. As much as I hate to play into the girl's conversations, they had a point. If she once had feelings for that woman then they could just as easily come back. I mean, she was so excited when Diane got here that she literally jumped into her arms.

"What are you thinking, Cordelia?" I scold myself because this is foolish. The problem is that obviously she doesn't mind falling for a teacher and that's sort of what our relationship is now. Then again, she did say that the crush went away and maybe it was because of that very dynamic. There's also the fact that Diane is no longer her teacher now and that might change things.

Last night — well, this morning, I felt like we really connected. The way she seems to care so deeply for me and my well-being. I suppose good friends do that too but... I've never felt that way with Billie and we've known each other for a while now. It could be that I'm making more of things than what they are. It just felt so real, too real.

I actually shouldn't be concerned with it anyway. She's my student and who she chooses to love and be with — as long as she's safe, isn't really my business. So why do I feel this way? Why am I so invested in her love life like this? Ok so what if I have a little extra affection for her compared to the other girls; I just relate to her more that's all it is.