8

It's the day before Diane is supposed to arrive and I'm so excited I can barely contain it. All day today I felt like I was walking on clouds. It's now dinner time and for the first time, I actually want to go to sleep because I know it'll be the day when I wake up. "Yoo-hoo, anybody home?" I emerge from my thoughts to see Madison waving a hand close to my face and I slap it away.

"What?" I sigh, "I was asking who's got you smiling like that?" she smirks. "Nobody" I scoff, "girl, you know I never agree with Madison but you've been smiley all day" Queenie adds. "I've not been... smiley" I argue, "just tell us who it is! Did you meet a girl while you were out the other day or something?" Madison asks while lighting a cigarette.

"Christ, Madison, how many times do I have to tell you there's no smoking in the house" Cordelia scolds before making the stick disappear from the younger blonde's hands along with her lighter. "Hey!" Madison protests, "whatever, mood killer. Now who's the chick?" the blonde continues. "Don't talk about Miss Cordelia like that" I narrow my eyes and she smirks.

"So that's who it is, huh? You got the hots for the supreme? She clearly needs to get laid anyway so have at it" she chuckles, "Madison" I say sternly and she rolls her eyes before raising her hands in surrender. "And no — I don't have the 'hots' for her or anyone for that matter" I answer, "right. So then what is it?" she pesters.

"Obviously she doesn't wanna talk, so just leave her alone" Zoe chimes in, "it's some lady named Diane. She's very fond of her" Nan states calmly as if she didn't just expose my thoughts. "Nan... we've talked about this. It's not polite to voice someone else's thoughts" Cordelia sighs, "it's ok. She's one of my professors from my old school and she's visiting me tomorrow " I explain.

"And you like her" Madison adds, "no. We were just really close before and I'm excited to see her again" I clarify. "Define... close" the blonde smirks, "I'm kinda interested too now" Queenie says and I roll my eyes. "Remember the story of how I got here? Well, she was that teacher I was defending and we haven't seen each other since, so it'll just be nice to catch up" I smile softly.

"Oh you totally wanna bang her" Madison says, "Madison!" we all say in unison before some of us laugh. "It's nothing like that. She's just a really good friend and we used to spend a lot of time together so it's just been hard without her" I sigh, "does she know you're a witch?" Cordelia joins in for the first time and I turn to her. "Yeah, the other teacher that found me initially was the one to tell her" I say.

"Ok so... you don't like her but — is she hot? Be honest" Madison says and I think about it for a moment, picturing her in my mind. "She's pretty, yeah" I answer, "well you know what they say, friends turn out to be good lovers" Madison says. "Oh really? Like you and Zoe, perhaps" I smirk and the actress blushes profusely as does the brunette witch.

"Whatever lesbo" she scoffs, "takes one to know one, sweetie pie" I say mockingly. "So are we going to meet this special lady?" Nan asks, "yeah, she said she'd drop by to see the academy. Wants to make sure you guys are nice and all — which means I can't let her near Madison" I joke. "How old is she?" Cordelia asks, "umm that's a good question. I think she's in her 40's? Damn she told me one time..." I think aloud.

"So you're into older women, huh?" Madison chimes in again, "funnily enough yes but that's of no correlation here. She's 46" I state. "Oh older older" Madison's eyes widen dramatically, "first of all, that's not that old. Secondly, I'm still not into her" I repeat. "Yeah yeah, you can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me" she smirks, "fine. I was into her" I admit.

"I fucking knew it! Didn't I say it?" she nudges Zoe beside her and I rolls my eyes. "Well... what happened?" Queenie asks as she leans forward, "nothing happened. It was just a crush and I got over it" I shrug. "But you admit that you might still have feelings for her" Madison asserts, "no I'm over it now, that was a long time ago" I dismiss.