CHAPTER 3

At the Lee Residence....

Karina knocked a few times before the door opened for her.

She was taken aback when Jeno greeted him by the door.

"Nice clothes."

Then he turned his back and went straight to the kitchen.

Karina secretly smiled at Jeno's tiny compliment and followed him to the kitchen.

"Hi, sweetheart! I missed you." It was her Aunt Min Young.

The two hugged each other and started small conversations.

A loud footstep came rushing down the stairs.

"Noona! Noona!" a tiny voice filled the whole house.

Karina suddenly laughed.

She saw the tiny figure peeking by the wall connected to the kitchen.

"Junkyu! Come here" she sweetly couched down.

The youngest went near her and hugged her instantly.

"I miss you Noona. Why are you not visiting us more often?" The boy seemed a bit distant.

Karina brushed his hair and genuinely smiled at the boy.

"Sorry, Noona is just busy with school. Don't worry, I'll come by more often." Her replies.

Junkyu smiled and hugged her again.

Karina carried Junkyu towards the living room and Jeno was sitting at the couch while using his phone.

Jeno saw the two and left the room. The two followed him with their stares.

"Is Hyung still pissing you off, Noona?" the boy asks.

She put Junkyu on the couch and sat down beside him.

"Hmm, No. W-Were fine Junkyu."

The young boy just nodded.

At the age of 6, Junkyu acts more mature than his brother. Well, according to Karina.

He knows a lot even if you don't tell him. He knows how to observe well.

Junkyu was 3 when they met. During that time, Karina was just starting her model career and was not even that popular as to what she is in the current.

And it was already 3 years ago that Jeno and I lost the closeness that we had when we were young.

Karina turned on the television and left Junkyu in the living room who's enjoying the show.

She went back to the kitchen.

"I'm almost done here sweetheart, can you call Jeno at the living room for dinner?" Aunt Minyoung said, busy setting up the table.

"Oh, he went upstairs when I brought Junkyu there." Karina replied.

"Oh, okay! Can you still call him for me? I will just finish setting the table."

She was hesitant at first but nodded to the older lady before leaving the kitchen.

She glanced at Junkyu one more time before taking her steps up the stairs towards the second floor of the house.

She went straight to the room at the very corner at the right. There's only one room there aside from the adjacent room which Jeno turned into his private den.

Karina took a deep breath before attempting to knock on his room door.

After a few knocks, she heard nothing from the room, so she tried to call him by phone.