CHAPTER 5

It's been days and Karina wasn't having it anymore. She tries to confront Jeno but the guy obviously is avoiding her.

As much as she wanted to walk towards him and talk to him, but the timing and the people swarming over won't allow her. A lot of students and random people that knew her wanted to take a picture with her.

Sometimes being an ulzzang and a model is tiring.

Karina took a deep breath and calmed herself down when she got home. If Jeno chose to ignore her after the kissing incident, she thought it would be fair to return the favor.

"If you don't like it, you could've told me. If you don't mean it, you could've explained it to me. If you don't like me, you could've not done it in the first place. You're so mean, Lee Jeno!"

Karina feels stressed overthinking about so many things between her and Jeno. It was not a secret to her that she likes the guy. But she was too afraid to confess because this kind of scenario might happen.

And it did, though I did not confess yet.

She started throwing her stuffed toys on every corner of her room.

"I don't want to be pathetic and weakling anymore." Karina stood up from her bed.

"If you want to ignore me, go ahead. I will ignore you too."

One Saturday morning.

Aunt Minyoung and Karina's mom decided to eat outside.

"Move faster Yu Jimin! We'll be late!"

Her mom keeps on knocking from her door.

"Okay, just a bit. " Karina answered.

In all honesty, Karina refused her mom's invitation many times. They even argued about it, but Karina will feel worse if she won't come, because Aunt Minyoung will surely be disappointed at her.

If Jeno's not there, then much better. But, if Jeno tags along with his mom, she'll just do her job of ignoring him.

When Karina and her mom arrived at the Japanese restaurant, she immediately saw Junkyu munching sushi already.

"Jin Hee! Oh my gosh!" Aunt Minyoung was so excited upon seeing Karina's mom.

"Minyoung! I miss you, girl." Karina's mom responded.

They both feel like teenagers meeting up after a long vacation.

Karina looked around and no Jeno was found. She sighed in relief and went beside Junkyu.

"Noona! I missed you. Why are you not coming to our house anymore?"

The kid is always curious.

Karina smiled at the boy and patted his head.

Because I don't want to see your rude brother.

"Because Noona is busy with her work." she instead replied,

"I thought you're still studying Noona?"

She knew that Junkyu was a very curious boy. For others, they might find him annoying for asking many questions, but she is used to it.

Aunt Min Young and her mom keep chatting on the other side of the table.

"You see, Noona is studying but I am working also." Karina explained to the child while they waited for the food to arrive.

Junkyu already finished his sushi, probably to distract himself while waiting for his Noona.

"Wow! Is it possible Noona? What do you do for work? Can I do it too? Mommy's been greedy, not giving me enough money to buy candies." The child seems interested in how she managed both her studies and work.