𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

FINE LINE - CROUCH'S CONFUSION

Following the second task, the weeks that went by had Mavis on constant edge. Her mind unable to stop thinking about the third task quickly approaching. Although the rest of the school was keen to hear details of what had happened down in the lake, Mavis wanted nothing more than to run away from it all.

The fear of the third task loomed over Mavis' head as she wondered what it would entail. What could be worse than dragons? What could be worse than swimming to the bottom of the Black Lake?

Throughout this inner turmoil, Mavis had one person she could rely on. Hermione. The two often found themselves in secluded parts of the library, finding solace with each other. The time spent there, however, wasn't all doom and gloom more like a secret getaway. A place to forget about the dreaded third task or the whispers around the school. A place for just them.

Everytime the two returned back to the school, they were reminded of how much they'd rather spend the rest of their lives with just each other.

One afternoon, Mavis and Hermione had spent their free period together, this time wandering around the school instead of spending it in their tiny corner of the library, before heading to their final lesson of the day - double potions.

The two met up with Harry and Ron and descended down to the dungeons for one of their least favourite lessons in the entire school. To put emphasis on why Mavis and Hermione like their little get aways together would be what was standing in front of them right now.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were in a huddle outside the potions classroom door with Pansy Parkinson's gang of Slytherin girls. All of them were looking at something Mavis couldn't see and sniggering heartily. Pansy's pug-like face peered excitedly around Goyle's broad back as the four approached.

"There they are, there they are!" she giggled, and the knot of Slytherins broke apart.

Mavis saw that Pansy had a magazine in her hands - Witch Weekly. The moving picture on the front showed a curly-haired witch who was smiling toothily and pointing at a large sponge cake with her wand.

"You might find something to interest you in there, Granger!" Pansy said loudly, and she threw the magazine at Hermione, who caught it, looking startled.

At that moment, the dungeon door opened, and Snape beckoned them all inside. Mavis, Hermione, Harry and Ron headed for a table at the back of the dungeon as usual.

Once Snape had turned his back on them to write up the ingredients of a potion on the blackboard, Hermione hastily riffled through the magazine under the desk. At last, in the centre pages, Hermione found what they were looking for. Mavis, Harry and Ron leant in closer.

A colour photograph of Mavis and Harry headed a short piece entitled:

TEAMMATES OR RIVALS

At the start of the school year, it was announced that the Triwizard Tournament would make its appearance once again, writes Rita Skeeter. Little did the judges know, there would be five champions instead of three.