𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼.

FINE LINE - 'I TRUST YOU'

Mavis awoke on Christmas morning to find a stack of presents at the foot of her bed and Ginny already halfway through opening her own pile. Sirius was also up, signing Christmas carols at the top of his voice as he wandered through the house.

Sitting up in her bed, Mavis leant against her headboard as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. The brightly coloured presents at the end of her bed almost made her squint as they contrasted against the more dull tones of her room.

Looking down at Hermione, Mavis gently pushed a strand of hair that had fallen on her face behind her ear. Stirring in her sleep, Hermione subconsciously gravitated closer to Mavis' touch.

Hermione hummed softly, her eyes fluttering open at the touch of Mavis' thumb softly brushing against her cheek.

"Happy Christmas, Maevey," Hermione whispered with a smile.

"Happy Christmas, 'Mione," Mavis replied, leaning down to place a kiss against her lips.

The two parted at the sound of Ginny gagging teasingly. Huffing ever so slightly, Hermione lifted herself up and rested against Mavis' shoulder; the two glared at Ginny as she sent them a grin and opened another present.

"You two are gross," Ginny said, trying to suppress a laugh.

"Thanks, Gin," Mavis mumbled sarcastically.

Chuckling to herself, Ginny threw a present over to the two. The young Black caught it and looked at Ginny confused.

"Well, open it then," Ginny said, shaking her head with a smile.

Looking down at Hermione, Mavis raised a brow. The bushy haired girl just shrugged and gestured for Mavis to open the present. Tearing the paper hesitantly, Mavis unravelled the gift.

A book fell onto her lap face down and as Mavis glanced at Hermione once again she saw Ginny snickering to herself out of the corner of her eye. Picking up the book, Mavis turned it around so she could see the cover and as she did so, the tips of her ears went bright red.

"What is it?" Hermione questioned, trying to see.

"Nothing!" Mavis exclaimed, hiding the book away from Hermione.

"Nonsense," Ginny scoffed. "Show her."

"You really are the wicked witch of the west," Mavis said, glaring at Ginny as she handed the book to Hermione.

"Oh!" Hermione muttered, a blush forming on her cheeks.

"I thought it might come in handy," Ginny teased.

"Yeah," Mais said sarcastically. "A book called: 'One hundred and one sex positions', is going to be really handy."

Laughing loudly, Ginny stood up and handed Mavis another present and one to Hermione as well. Taking them cautiously, Mavis and Hermione looked at each other as they wondered what Ginny had given them this time.