Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

The strong hunger made Jiang Liyun unable to sleep anymore, and also filled her with doubts.

She was in poor health and older, and it was difficult for her to feel hungry. What she usually ate was tasteless. How could she be so hungry all of a sudden?

Jiang Liyun opened her eyes subconsciously, and then saw a dusty room.

The room was dimly lit, but it allowed her to see her surroundings clearly.

The walls of this room were made of mud, with straw piled in the corners and wooden beams on top.

There are several ropes hanging on the beams, and hooks made of tree branches are tied below the ropes. Some of these hooks are for hanging clothes, and some are for hanging bamboo baskets.

All this is both strange and familiar to Jiang Liyun.

It was strange because she had not seen this room for decades. As for familiarity... she had always lived in this room when she was young.

At that time, she was lying on her bed looking at this house that could be called a bare house, and secretly swore more than once that she would live a good life in the future.

She wants to eat white rice every meal, she wants to eat meat, and she wants to live in a small building made of bricks.

Poverty since childhood gave her an unparalleled desire for wealth, and she did make a lot of money.

When a person moves forward with a firm goal, everyone will make way for her.

So...why is she here? She should obviously be lying in her villa!

No, she should be dead.

Jiang Liyun looked blankly at the beams above, somewhat confused about the current situation.

What's wrong with her?

Before someone dies, those distant memories suddenly pop up? Still making her unable to distinguish between reality and fiction?

All this is so real, even the cracks on the tree branches used as hooks are extremely clear.

When she was young, there were a lot of rats in the countryside. Food and clothes would be bitten by rats if they were not packed away properly. The method everyone used to prevent rats was to hang things on the rafters.

She was very familiar with the hanging clothes. It was a blue half-sleeved ready-made garment that she bought after going to work in the sofa factory. She wore it for many years...

She was reminiscing about the past when suddenly there was the sound of the door opening, followed closely by a thin voice: "Sister, it's time for breakfast."

Jiang Liyun shuddered, looked up, and saw a girl about ten years old, with a sallow face, skinny muscles, and yellow hair.

The little girl stood at the door, curling her lips towards her with a small smile.

Jiang Liyun felt that her heart was hit by this smile, and she became uncontrollable. Her eyes became sour, and she was almost in tears.

Light rain! It's light rain! Xiao Yu, whom she had not seen for decades!

When her sister Jiang Liyu was nineteen, she ran away from home to work because her sister-in-law disliked her for being a freeloader, and she has not been heard from since.

At first, she was still lucky, thinking that her sister would come back sooner or later, but after decades passed... she knew very well that her sister would most likely have an accident outside and would not be able to come back.