SIX

Niall's POV:

I made a track of soft kisses along her neck under her ear. She pulled up my shirt to get it over my head. Once my top was off, we looked at each other and smiled as my hand traced the strap of her bra. Her hand ran through my hair and pulled when I nipped her skin with my teeth. She reached down at the hem of her shirt, pulling it over her head. I moved back taking her in while my fingers traced her waist. She leaned in to kiss me moving my lips on hers. A soft ringing came from a phone. It was mine. Her lips moved down to my collar bone. I picked up my phone "Hello" I smirked with my hand on the back of Layla's head.

"Hi Niall" Evie spoke through the phone. I sat up pressing my phone closer to my ear "I am so sorry. I didn't know who else to call"

"What's wrong?" I asked. Layla was sat up straight on my lap

"Well, I was asked to a party, so I decided to go with this guy, but the guy left me. I have no money because he was my ride home. And it is cold." She sounded like she was about to cry

"Who is it?" Layla asked

"Louis sister" I say pulling the phone away from the phone. Layla rolled her eyes falling next to me on the bed.

"Plus, I can't call Louis because he would kill me if he knew where I was"

"Where are you?" I asked. Scared for the answer.

"The lodges" Evie said shyly.

"God, you own me" I muttered grabbing my shirt. I heard her thank me quietly when my phone was on my knee. "We will be there soon" throwing Layla's shirt to her.

The lodges are about 40 minutes away from my new flat. Evie was standing outside a frat house that looked packed full of teenagers. People were partially having sex on the garden benches. Evie quickly walked over to my car as soon as I drove in front of the house. She held her long coat around herself as she walked. Evie opened the car door and dived into the seat. She thanked me another time as she strapped the seatbelt over herself. "Hi I'm Layla"

"Evie" She smiled back at Layla. Once Layla was facing front again, I looked at Evie in my rear view mirror before I set off. She looked out of the window, watching the craziness of the party with her arm still crossed over her chest. My eyes moved away from the rear view mirror and on the road ahead. I turned up the heating in the car as I drove off from the house.

Evie didn't speak after leaving the party. I kept checking on her in my mirrors. Sometimes she watched outside when we came to a traffic light or listened to our conversation before, she got bored and looked back out of the window. Me and Layla talked about a lot of things. Layla is a publisher and likes to talk about words and poetry. "It is like William Hone said A poet in a nightingale, who sits in darkness" Layla said "and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds"

"Hone didn't say that" Evie voice came from the back of the car.

"I think I know Home's quotes" Layla smiled looking at me with a smug look.

"Well, he doesn't say that" Evie faked a chuckle "Percy Shelley did. My friend is English major" I laughed before looking at Layla who was giving me a death glare. I immediately stopped. She rolled her eyes looking away. My eyes went to my mirror again, I chuckled silently at her. Evie didn't notice she was pulling at her tights. The radio was the only sound filling my car until I got outside Layla's house. Layla opened the car door and walked down her garden path.

"I am going to walk Layla to her door. Please stay out of trouble" I joked running after Layla. She gave me a kiss at her door. I didn't like that she did it in front of Evie. I mean Evie doesn't need to see that. I said goodnight as I walked back down the path. When I opened her gate, I noticed Evie had moved to the front. Maybe she didn't see it. "Let's get you home" I smiled restarting my engine. Evie faced the window the same as when she was in the back seat. "Are you warm enough?" I questioned. Evie simply nodded, not turning to look at me. I flicked off the heating. "Apart from the arsehole have you had a good night?" I asked wanting a conversation. Evie shrugged, resting her chin on her elbow that was placed on the side of my car. "Did something happen?" She was much quieter than usual. She wasn't even giving me one word answered

"What? Of course not!" Her head turned fast to face me.

"Sorry it's just you're very quiet," I said lifting the top of my hands from the wheel. She gave a small sign. "Is it because you're scared when you get back to Louis? Because you can say you were with me" Not like that would go down well either.

"Louis isn't home. He's at Eleanor's" Evie said. At least she was speaking to me now- just about.

"I think you pissed off Layla by the way" I chuckled

"Is that a thank you?" She questioned. I looked at her with a puzzled face. Please tell me you don't like listening to her. I smiled shaking my head as I set my eyes back on the road. "She was so boring. She just yapped about- about drivel."

"She is passionate" I defended her

"Okay. I am passionate about whether unicorns shit magic dust, but do I rabble on about it?" A smirk planted on my lips "NO! I don't. And I especially don't get the information wrong and then try to be little people" Evie finished with a huff. I let out a laugh.

"You're cute when you get annoyed" I chuckled

"Am not annoyed" She folded her arms "I am passionate" She made me laugh again as I turned into the car park underneath Louis's apartment building.

"You're still cute" I smiled stopped outside the lifts. Evie looked down as she flushed. I have decided I lied to make her blush. And I want to make her do it again.

"Thank you for picking me up again" She smiled shyly with a reddish tint on her cheeks. "I promise it would become a reoccurrence after tonight"

"I don't care. I like you depending on me" I smirked. She smiled sweetly before opening the door. " Night" I shouted before her door closed but I was too late

"What?" Evie reopened the door. Half her body leaned into the car.

"I said Night" I smiled making eye contact with her

"Oh, good night" Evie smiled, stepping back and once the door was closed, she made her way to the lifts. I watched her step past the door. Evie gave me a small wave before she disappeared in the lift before I had chance to wave back.

Word Count: 1224