43) Enough!

Saito-

All right, that's it. It's October, and Luna has been annoying, too annoyingly depressed, making everyone feel gloomy. Luna is the queen of gloom.

He kicks the door open of her bedroom. "I'm kicking you out!"

Luna proceeded to hold on to the bed as he strode over. "No, Saito! I have so much to live for! My room is my safety. Please!" She cried. She's been overdramatic.

He tickled her armpits, and she let go of the edge of the bed. He dragged her, and she latched on to the door frame. She's like a child not wanting to go to the dentist. Saito tickled her again.

"Cheater!" She went limp, letting her weight fall on him.

"That's not going to stop me," Saito slumped her over his shoulder.

Downstairs, the person he wanted to see waited for them. He couldn't get down these stairs any quicker. He threw Luna at him.

"She's all yours; please take her; she's not allowed back in the house until it's time for you to return."

He leads them to the front door and closes the doors.

Some quiet.

The past three months have been hectic. The year has gone back quickly. It'll be Christmas all over again.

So much has happened, and he's having difficulty processing everything. He feels like it's all fake. But it's not. He stares at the list of his fellow residents. It's growing. His clan keeps extending.

He will need to expand his territory. He stood and grabbed a map, and rolled it on the table.

"Ahem," Dale enter. "Did you call me?"

"Did I?" Sai must've called him.

Dale enters and closes the door behind him. "Are you playing to expand?"

It's good to have his Beta. Saito isn't sure what he would do without Dale.

"It's time," Saito looks down at the map. This map is magic; it marks every territory claim but a clan.

To humans, it'll look weird seeing a map like this. He can move it and scroll through the territories like a phone.

"I know a spot," Dale scrolled around their territory and pinned an unclaimed territory. It's big, and suitable for housing. And it's fertile. But it must have a history, why it is on the market.

"What's wrong with it?"

Dale wrinkled his nose. "Humans," he said. "Humans live there, not many, but like a few hundred. The landowner is having a hard time getting rid of them. They settled there without permission a couple of years ago. The owner says he has tried everything, but the human authority can't kick them out even though those people are trespassing."

Saito taps his finger on the table. "Contact the owner and set up a meeting. I'll find a way to get rid of those pesky humans."

Dale rubs the back of his neck. "I met the owner. It's how I knew about his situation and the territory. The people were harassing him to sell to them. He is old, ancient. If he dies, those lands go to their pesky humans. And he doesn't want that. He would rather sell them to someone caring for his lands. Because it seems these people want to buy the lands and sell it to a company that wants to build a resort."

Saito shook his head. Of course, humans and their greed for money. Humans are the only species that survive on greed. Greed drives them to commit heinous acts to others. Even the innocent of humans can be surprised.

He won't say that other species are greedy, but there are consequences for that greed. The Great ones punish greedy people.

"Bring him here," Saito has to make the deal today if possible.