1. Sonia

( The story has two povs and the name on each chapter is the character's pov )

MJ

"Ugh I can't believe I will be getting a new roommate today and on top of that she will be a freshman," I yelled, throwing my tennis ball against the door. It bounces on it landing on the other side of the room.

" I tried telling you to move into my dorm room so we could finally be roommate's but you refused," Martha said, her fingers massaging my scalp.

" I don't want to leave this room and Mrs Ndemwa said she will no longer change my roommates."

I just got frustrated by remembering how much I begged her to let me stay alone.

Doesn't my father donate enough money to this crappy school for my demands to be met.

"Yeah cause you change them like the way you change your clothes now the hostel manager hates you."

" Is it my fault that I don't like them plus that woman never liked me."

"Cause she finds you in a different girls bed every night." 

She cups my face with her large hands squeezing my cheeks repeatedly.

"They invited me and it would be rude of me to decline."

"I think you should decline and look for something stable."

"I already have financial stability. I don't need any other stability."

" Oh please don't tell me you have never desired to be in a relationship Mary
Jane?"

I turned and grabbed her by the neck.

" I told you to never call me that," I said, squeezing a little tighter.

" Okey okey I'm sorry, slip of the tongue," she said, coughing and moving a distance away from me.

I waited for her to continue our conversation but she kept quiet so I decided to answer her question.

" Not really plus I'm too hot for only one person," I said, resting my head on her lap again.

"One day you will fall in love."

"With who?" I asked, looking at her.

" Anyone," she replied blushing.

"I will have to pass, I don't get involved in things that require emotions," I said, staring at the door waiting for my new roomy to knock any minute and disrupt my life.

"Isn't she supposed to be here ?"

"Maybe the universe has felt pity on me and decided to spare me the troubles of dealing with someone
new,"I said, rubbing my flat chest.

Talk about the devil I said the minute we heard a knock on the door.

" Aren't you going to open the door?" Martha asked.

" No, let her knock for some more time, plus I don't feel like going all the way to the door," I said, getting comfortable on Martha's hips.

They are so comfortable it's like lying on a pillow made of meat. After a little while I drag my feet to the door knocking over a basketball.

I turned the doorknob to find a short girl bent down looking for something in her bag. She threw her long braids out of her face and smiled a little when she saw me.

Where do I know this face ?

"Hey I'm Sonia, your new roommate," she said, stretching her arm for a hand shake. The familiar voice vibrated in my ears as I remembered where I saw her. I slammed the door on her face before she could say anything else. Anger and hatred surged deep inside of me, the need to go outside and pluck every braid in her head simmering beneath my skin.