6. long day

Sonia
" So did I make the team ?" I asked the minute MJ walked through the door.

" MJ tell me I can handle the truth " I added noticing the frown that is always set on her face when she enters our room.

" I'm sorry but ... " she started holding my hand . Her hand was soft and warm against mine making me crumple down inside.

" I knew it was a bad idea my mother must be behind this  "

" What do you mean your mother must be behind this?"

" Maybe she is home praying that I will not engage in activities that will take my focus out of my studies"

A small laughter escapes her lips making butterflies to swarm in my stomach . That is the first time I've heard her laugh.

"Calm down you made the team but .."

" I made the team did you just say I made the team ?" I asked jumping on her like a cannibal . Her strong cologne flooded my nostrils my eyes holding her gaze .

" I also said but .. " she said my hands still wrapped around her neck .

" Yeah you said but what does that but mean ?" I asked getting out of her embrace .

" That there are two spots only and there are three of you "

" What now ?" I asked hoping there is an instant solution.

" The girls with the most improvement will be the permanent team players "

" Okey is there something wrong with my playing you said I impressed you "

"Your not a team player "

" That marks I used to play when I was angry and I was alone "

" Don't worry I'm going to help you "

" Really ?" I asked surprised. Half the time she doesn't want anything to do with me and now she wants to help me .

" Yeah just know I won't go easy on you " she muttered a smirk plastered on those cherry lips .

" I don't expect any less from you " I said swallowing.

" What's that supposed to mean ?" She asked standing up .

" That your very good " I said stepping back .

" Im also good at other things " she said trapping me between her veiny hands .

" I don't doubt " I said my eyes looking everywhere but her.

" Look at me " she said holding my chin giving me a chance to  drown in those brown eyes .

" Yoh Kamau " Martha said barging through the door, she looked at us in our awfully compromising position.

Doesn't this girl know how to knock ?

" What is it ?" MJ asked moving away from me as Martha eyed me  up and down before focusing all her attention on MJ .

" Can we talk I don't want some people to hear us " she said  her eyes zeroing in on me . I was left standing there staring at their retreating backs just like the first day .

I tried to study after that but nothing was getting through other than MJ had still not returned . The night felt colder than usual my blankets loosing their intended purpose .

Disappointment crashed through me when I saw her bed empty in the state it was last night . I lazily got myself prepared my mood spoiled for the day .

"You must have some nerve you little bitch ,no one ignores me yet you have the guts to block me ? This is my new number if you don't want what happened between us to be the next juicy story at USIU ,better be responding to my texts   " .