18. Girlfriend

MJ
Today I woke up feeling like something heavy had being lifted off my chest , I was actually  happy but I knew it was not for long so I decided to enjoy it while it lasted.

"Your in a good mood " Martha said sitting next to me .
" And your presence is spoiling it " I said jokingly pain flashing across her pitch black eyes .

" Hey I'm joking " I said wrapping my hand around her shoulder .
" I know " I've known Martha since freshman year and I can detect something is wrong with her .

" Are you okay ?" I asked drinking from my coke can .
" Yeah why wouldn't I be ?"

She was acting weird since the first  day of school  but I choose to ignore it , well cause am me .

" You don't look okay " this is Sonia's fault ,now I'm starting to care about people.

"There is nothing wrong with me " she said facing me irritation laced in her voice .

Martha nudged me to the far end of the cafeteria to spot Chris staring at me a smug look on his face . What does this bitch want now ? I stood pushing back the plastic chair and took long strides to where he was to ask him to leave Sonia once and for all .

"Chris "

"MJ "

"Could you give us some privacy " he said looking at his friends who followed him like dogs . I mean he would bark and they would come running within seconds.

"What do I owe this pleasure?" He asked as  I took a seat across him .

"It's about Sonia "
"I'm already loving this what about her ?

"Stay away from her "
"Why ?" He asked getting comfortable on his chair .
"Cause I said so " my hands were rested on the table my fists clenched .

" What makes you think I will do what you say ?"
" I know things about you nobody knows and guess what you owe me "

" Okey why you so concerned about her ,you know she is not yours "

" She does not belong to anyone " except me but I won't admit that to this fool .

"She used to at least "

" Chris I should not see you anywhere near  Sonia I mean it " I stood up and adjusted my button up shirt leaving him to digest what I just told him .

I couldn't believe I used to be best friends with him , my stomach churned in disgust and shook my head to forget all the good and bad memories I had with him.

I decided to go the library to find Sonia since I was already missing her .

I spotted her trying to reach a book on the shelf . She stood on her toes and stretched her arms but she still couldn't reach it . I muffled a laugh at how frustrated she was getting .

I stood behind her grabbing the book as she turned to see who had taken the book she was trying very hard to reach.

" MJ " she smiled her eyes sparkling as she tried to take the book from me .

"Hey princess"

"What are you doing here ?"

"I came to see you "

"You did ?"

"Yeah "

"Oh "

"Damn  your  short " I said laughing holding the book in the air out of her reach .
" No your just tall  " she said jumping to reach the book .
" I can add some inches in you " I said laughing at her expression .
"MJ " she called her eyes popping out of their sockets .