17. Don't stop

Sonia
Despite my two hour trip from Kiambu to Nairobi I still had a class at two p.m ,the thought of sitting down and listen to someone talk about investment was giving me a headache.

I sighed softly thinking about MJ and our complicated relationship , is this healthy?

One minute we're kissing passionately another we're fighting like lions throwing hurtful words at each other.

But MJ is the one who does the insulting I don't think I have the heart to call anyone names or look down on someone because of their financial status.

" Heeyyy " Aliza screamed as we entered class.

" Hey." I pulled her for a hug since I had missed her so much.

" Gosh I missed you , you didn't even tell me goodbye " she said hitting me with  the book she was holding .

" Sorry I was in a hurry "  I lied. I was actually running so that I wouldn't have to talk to MJ.

" It's okey how was home ?" Speaking of home I remembered my dad I haven't thought about him thanks to MJ.

She's this force that makes me forget everything in my life.

I contemplated on telling her but I was scared of burdening her with my daddy issues .

"Could be better but it's life " I said sitting beside her.
" It will be okey. " Hey let's hope he doesn't die from drinking too much.

He probably doesn't remember I exist. He wanted a boy child and when he didn't get one he pretended like I didn't exist.

I needed a father but my father did not need a daughter.

" I hope so " I mumbled pushing the tears back.

" If you need a friend I'm here."

" I know " I said leaning on her shoulder as she patted me softly.

"Anyway how was your visit home ?"

" My dad had another fight with Chris but I'm used to them otherwise everything was fine."

"Why? "I hope am not being nosy.

" The usual stuff."

" Can I ask you a question ?"

" Hasn't stopped you before " she said making me laugh.

"Why does your brother hate MJ ?"

" I don't know what clearly happened between them but they used to be best of friends ." I don't see it.

" What?"

" Yeah , they were inseparable." Okey.

My brows pulled together as I tried to think of what would have happened to make them hate each other so much.

"We used to be family friends. "

" Your family and hers ?" I asked a little bit too loudly.

" Yeah."

" Katana and Ngugi ?" The professor called us an annoyed look plastered on his face , we looked around to find everyone looking at us and I wanted to hide under neath my desk.

" If you want to talk go outside some people actually know what brought them to school " he hissed. Man he is  brutal.

We spent the rest of the class being terrorized by the professor to answer questions and give our opinion because apparently we liked to talk alot.

By the end of class we had managed to embarrass ourselves a thousand times becoming the laughing stock of more than sixty students.

"I will have to stop sitting next to
you " Aliza said as we left the class.