Chapter 16

HANIA

Sweat covered my forehead as my throat went dry. I look around me the room was moving and moving .

" Y-You are lying. " I said somehow saying this.

The other voice laughed but it was not filled with humor , it was dark as if I'm being trapped.

" I knew you would not believe me because somehow you start to trust him a lot, no problem darling let me give you an evidence." I don't know why I was shivering .

" What evidence? " My voice was low, hard.

" I bet you are in his room. Well there's a drawer besides the table. " I turn my eyes toward the drawer.

" Open it, you will find a box in there . And in the box there will be a key " My feet work on their own and without me knowing I was opening the box. There was a key. As she said.

" I guess you found the key. Amazing now in the cupboard you will find another box. Open it , it's your evidence " Once again my whole body was working on its own. Even I was keep on trembling.

As I open the box, my breathe got stuck in my lungs . I could not breathe or move. I was a cold statue at that moment. My eyes fall on the black gun, a real one. I could be any gun and I was going to say that to the woman on the other end when my eyes fell on the napkin besides it. Covered with blood. Red fucking blood. The blood I saw that day.

" You need to kill the killer of your friend. Because of whom she got that brutal death. You didn't kill her . But he did. He don't love you Hania. He is trapping you like your friend "

A sob escaped my mouth. And tears made their way down my cheeks.

" Stop please stop " I said but I don't know to whom. To the woman, to him or to myself?

" Now everything is in your hand. You need to take the revenge " She said and then the line went dead. I stand there for a while just staring at the wall. Not doing anything. I went towards the full length mirror . Once again my face was dull. But unlike before my eyes were not dead. They had the fire of revenge. But there was pain too. I'm not sure where, maybe in my whole body. The pain of betrayal . He did that, he killed her. He has the gun. He killed her.

You need to kill him.

Take the revenge

He killed her.

He had the gun .

You need to kill him .

He--

" What happened you said you will come in a while and you are still here " His voice reached me as he was standing near the door. I quickly wipe my tears and turn around, pulling up the smile. He stare at my face for a long time. As if he is trying to see through. No I'm not going to give him this access. He played enough and he lied enough.

" I was just coming actually I lost my ring somewhere " I smiled as he pointed towards my finger. My ring was there. " It's there sweetheart " As he said sweetheart , I wanted nothing but to forget everything and just hug him. I wish I never picked up the call. At least i could live in that beautiful dream for a little more. Just a little.