6.

(WEDNESDAY)

nancy dug her nails into her skirt, her back firmly pressed against the stalldoor. she stared into the mirror at herself; red cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

johnathan just broke up with her. it was so abrupt. just last night she'd been toodling around town with him and now they were seperated.

that jackass didn't even give her good reasoning; he just told her things were over.

nancy's body jerked as someone shoved their way into the bathroom.

robin?

nancy exhaled loudly. robin was frozen in the doorway like a deer in headlights. she stared.

"what do you need?"

"um..."

nancy ran her hand through her curly hair, bringing her arm back down to wrap around her knees. she sunk to the floor.

"nancy, are you okay?"

"i'm fine. get a move on," she snapped. nancy carefully rubbed her temples as to soothe her nerves. a new emotion was added to the mix, envy. being sad, irritated and jealous all at once wasn't a sweet recipe.

robin hesitantly nodded, placing her paraphernalia on the counter. she washed her hands at a unhurried pace, passing several glances back to nancy; whose fists were now clenched and gripping her knees again.

nancy studied her binder and books, trying to fixate on certain objects to take her mind off things.

she couldn't help notice how frequently robin was looking at her. and she also couldn't help the hate bubbling in her chest.

when robin completed washing her hands, (for whatever reason that was) she ripped a small piece of paper out of her binder, scribbling on it.

she spun, dropping the slip of paper at nancy's feet.

"call me, if you want to let out whatever you're frustrated about."

"call you?" nancy emphasized the word you, her eyes widened incredulously.

"fine. don't call me. i'm being too nice to you, anyways. why do you hate me so much?" robin's voice grew tainted with pain, she could see a faint trace of dejection laced through her eyes.

nancy paused, slightly taken aback at the blunt truth robin had just laid out to her. holy shit. robin just offered to listen to nancy talk about her problems and she totally blew it.

something swirled in her stomach. she suddenly felt incredibly nauseous. the blonde girl stood over her, her converse a mere few centimeters away from nancy's feet.

"don't answer me, then. i don't know why either," robin's voice was raspy. hurt. nancy couldn't quite place her finger on the way robin behaved towards her but it became clear now she had definitely upset her.

nancy thought back to the previous friday. did she make robin angry then? or was she just upset? emotions were too difficult.

robin darted off, her chest rising and falling unusually. it's like the girl had an inner rhythm that was just slightly offbeat from everyone elses.

it felt like someone was drilling into nancy's teeth. her head spun with confusion.
she reached out, grasping the slip with sweaty palms.

-- sorry this is short, i've been digesting this easier by cutting up the chapters into shorter pieces.