10.

(1 WEEK LATER)

(CW for alcohol, smoking, kissing, homophobia - implied use of homophobic slurs)

nancy and steve had been officially dating for five whole days now.

robin felt so put aside. her emotions had been pushed so deep within her she was numb to each passing day.

spring break was a total drag. not only did she have no work, but steve was occupied with nancy most days.

she'd spend most of her freetime walking around town, engaging in mundane tasks like the upkeep of her house or practicing complex words out of her french textbook.

there was a quiet rattle of her doorknob. robin jumped up, her hand instinctively sliding over to the knife block on her counter.

steve swung the door open. her tense body relaxed. nancy followed him into robins crampt but unusually clean home.

"where the hell have you been?" steve asked, his gaze sparkling with concern.

"i should be asking you that," she strode towards the pair. she didn't exactly hate either of them. it wasn't their fault.

steve knowing about robin's little crush but getting with nancy regardless did sting at first, but she understood.

"i called you a few times, birdie, i've been worried out of my mind," steve murmured, pulling the blonde girl into a tight hug.

nancy shifted, mindlessly scratching the back of her head.

"i think my mom stopped paying the bill, since she's not around she doesn't use it," robin waved her hands with embarrassment, her cheeks flushing as she laughed at her statement.

steve gave a feeling nod, "so, i wanted to see if you wanted to come to a party with us," he smiled.

robin perked up a little, a party would definitely pull her out of her slump. before the past few weeks that had turned robin into a wreck, she loved partying.

"sounds fun; i'm in."

nancy tacked on, "tonight, at my place."

"your place? you are inviting me to a party, nancy wheeler?" robin smirked, trying to mask her emotional state with humor.

the brunette girl cracked a grin. they were neutral. fuck yeah.

steve laughed, "you're lucky, robin."

"well, my expectations are high now."

"do band parties have titos?"

"yeesh, what do you take me for?"

"you're not a titos girl?" steve chimed in.

"i meant that in the sense that i don't only attend band parties, but no, i'm not."

they all laughed, steve clasped nancy's arm and gently led her out of the house to give robin time to prepare herself.

robin pondered about the definition of 'tonight.'
she also pondered about the unusual feeling of envy that was consuming her very being.