6 and one third.

robin sat stiffly in steves passenger seat. her head was slightly hanging, and her lips were drawn back into a straight line.

"i took your advice," she whispered eventually, the silence of their ride created weight on steves mind. her eventual words were like a cascade of relief on him.

"what advice?" he murmured back, eyes travelling in her direction for a brief moment before he readjusted, focusing on the road ahead of them.

"i gave her my number."

"her as in vickie? you said you didnt like her anymore," steve replied, biting his lip.

"no, my crush. i gave my crush my number. you never specifically stated that i should only give my number to vickie."

"was i right?"

"maybe," she sighed. her chest tightened with discomfort.

"i'm sorry..." his voice trailed off.

robin let out a quiet, wheezy laugh. her breath hitched in her throat afterwards. steve took a quick look at her expression.

"why are you laughing?"

"it's... its so dumb, its funny," robin stammered, pressing her face into her hands. she yanked her hands back as her jewelry dug into her skin, "ow."

robin had a knack for laughing at the worst times.

steve reached out his hand, pressing his palm to her back in hopes it'd provide a touch -- a literal touch, of solace. before retreating, going back to holding the steering wheel. robin's shoulders visibly relaxed.

"did you pick out a tape for us to listen to today, birdie?" steve changed the subject, however her exchange with nancy earlier was still fresh on her mind. robin was never particularly bold in those sort of situations, so she was clueless as to what came over her.

"of course i did, what do you take me for?"

"sooo...?" he whined impatiently, "what band will you be enlightening my mainstream mind with?"

"the beatles."

"i've heard the beatles before!" steve hollered, temporarily throwing his hands in the air before fastening his grip the wheel again.

"be careful!" robin hissed.

"sorry. anyways, we're about at our stop."

robin dashed out of the truck as soon as it was in park. "i don't trust your driving. or that bobblehead," robin snickered, waving her pointer finger to the dashboard where steves beloved bobblehead rested.

"you are so pessimistic. all the time."

"i'm just realistic," robin snapped back, a small grin appearing across her lips.

she trailed after steve, ducking into the building. this was their third official shift and they had already made it a tradition (and priority) to listen to music whilst they worked. the place just felt empty without a tune to hum alongside in the background.

"so the beatles, which album?"

"revolver," robin spoke as she slung her backpack onto the floor. she was already bending down to unzip the bag and acquire her casette.

"don't let me forget this," she stood back up whilst holding the small white cartridge.

steve snatched it, excitedly jamming it into the player.

"you're being extra... un-careful today!"

"sorry," he smiled; focusing intently on the music.

as the second song began, steve started awkwardly bouncing on his feet, spinning around. dancing. he was dancing.

"you are such a dork," robin sighed, her attention was now centered on a pile of VHS tapes on the counter. she organized them as she attempted to stifle a giggle at steve's criminal dance moves.