8.

(CW for mentioned/depicted physical mistreatment & cigarettes)

robin's body was still, enveloped in a blanket. she looked cozy. this time around, robin had stayed until the end of the movie.

eleven and mike had ditched the rest of them 'cause of 'curfew.' nancy had begrudgingly allowed mike to walk eleven home. will went along with them, but nancy silently knew will was just waiting to walk alone with mike. dustin actually had curfew, and needed to leave.

so now it was a slumped nancy, unfortunately awake whilst robin and steve slept next to one another; and max and lucas cuddled on a beanbag. everyone looked so happy. so happy it hurt.

pain pierced nancy's heart as she passed a glance to robin and steve. she still couldn't quite place her finger on what made her feel this way but watching the both of them be so comfortable with one another reminded her of johnathan.

johnathan never really treated her the way they treated eachother, though. johnathan hated physical touch, whereas nancy had caught robin and steve hugging in the rain or driving around town with eachother various times.

something about it was sort of different. nancy began to ponder if they were really dating or not.

she propped her legs up on the coffee table, her eyes focused on the movie. the voices of the actors on the small screen began to just drone on and on, or atleast it felt like that.

nancy got to her feet. the last thing she wanted to do was fall asleep here. it was terribly awkward.

she made her way upstairs, finding her way into her bathroom. she washed off her makeup, brushed her teeth and returned to her bedroom.

just as she was changing, there was a soft rustle at her door.

"nance?" an individual rasped, but nancy recognized the drowsy voice immediately.
the door creaked open ever so slightly just as nancy finished slipping into a pair of satiny pyjamas.

"sorry.. i-"

"i should be the one apologizing," nancy took the moment, she turned to face the blonde girl, her hair was messy and her shirt was hanging off her shoulder in a manner that almost looked planned. small eyebags had appeared under her eyes, or she just hadn't noticed earlier.

robin's eyes brightened, she suddenly looked more awake, and confused.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you the other day," nancy managed, shifting uncomfortably. what was she saying?

"i shouldn't have intruded. um, anyways," she paused, taking in a long breath. "can you drive me home?" she whispered, looking embarrassed.

"why don't you take steve's car?" nancy shifted again, looking uncomfortable.

"i'm exhausted, and i don't have a liscence."

nancy glanced over to the clock. understandable. it was late.

"is steve asleep still?"

"yeah. i figured you wouldn't mind him spending the night," robin yawned, rolling her shoulders back. something about her unguarded position made nancy feel anxious.

"you're okay with that?" nancy's gaze flickered up to meet robins.

"why would i not be?" she inquired, her brows quirking unusually.