17. EMORY

My eyes open slowly and I feel a warm presence by my side

My eyes open slowly and I feel a warm presence by my side. My head is heavy and is that an arm I am holding? Whose arm is resting on my body? Why can't I remember anything?

I stir, try to sit up but the arm is too heavy to lift. Please don't tell me I am with some crazy wanker.

"You're awake?" my head instantly snap up hearing that deep husky voice.

Dear Universe, am I dreaming or is this hot man is really in my bed?

"I am actually here" he answers

"Did I say that loud?" I ask sheepishly

"How is your head?" he arranges the pillow behind me making me sit comfortably.

"A bit dizzy. What happened?" I frown when nothing comes to mind from last night.

"You don't remember anything?"

"No."

"What's the last thing you remember?" he questions

"We went for dinner and then when we walk back to the car. After that...."

"You fainted after that" he replies

"What? How? Why don't I remember anything." I mumble as my head grows heavier.

He passes me some medicines and water. "Don't stress your mind too much. It happens sometimes"

"How did I end up here?"

"I carried you"

"WHAT!! You lifted me?" I shriek

"Yes" he sighs like I am asking stupid questions.

"But I weigh too much. You can't lift me like that" even I know I am heavy. My weight is over sixty kg.

"Are you done with your tantrums?" he ruffles his hair. He looks so sexy in his rumpled shirt and messy hair. I just want to wave my fingers in his dark hair and feel its softness.

"Are you calling me childish?" I gasp

"Is there any doubt in it" he raises his brow challenging.

"You are a real grumpy man, Grumps" I stand with my hands on my hip.

"And you are a big pain in the ass"

"Only your ass" I grin winking at him. He shakes his head and leaves the room.

Now that I look at my state, I really need a shower. My hair is all tangled and my body smells of sweat. Jeez he must have felt nauseous sleeping next to me.

After taking a good long shower, I change into pair of shorts and crop top and go to find him. He is sitting at stool in the kitchen drinking his coffee. I see kitchen is now pristine clean with no spots.

"Who cleaned it?" If he told me he did, I am going to lose it.

"The cleaning staff. They come three days a week." He answers without looking up from his cell phone.