42. SHIVANSH

I spent my whole life playing with danger and that involves seeing blood on daily basis

I spent my whole life playing with danger and that involves seeing blood on daily basis. You would think that it will make me impassive and it was true until I see it coming from the body of my life.

Emory is shot. No, she took the shot for me.

"Fuck!" Vihaan hisses when he sees Emory lying on the floor. He instantly cut down my ties and I wasted no time collecting Emory in my arms. Her body is cold and lips turning blue.

"Emory, please open your eyes." I plead but she doesn't respond. She isn't moving.

"Shiv, I think—" Arush looks at me with pity.

"NO! She isn't gone. She is here" I bark and lift her in my arms. Her head lolled back as I run outside. The firing has now stopped and there are only bodies lying on the floor.

"Devil. We captured the bald guy and his minions" Raj says when I reach the SUV.

"Keep them in basement. No one touches the bastard" I hiss, the anger burning my veins. He tried to prey on my woman and shot her. I'm going to take my time with him. But first I have to make sure Emory is alright.

Vihaan gets inside the passenger seat while Neil is already in the driver seat who starts driving as fast as possible. The whole time I keep cradling her body. I keep talking to her even though she can't hear me. She can't leave me this way. I refuse to let her go.

"I'm sorry Shiv for taking so long to find you" Vihaan mutters with sadness. I didn't reply to him. After I received the phone call, I went to my home and told Vihaan about it. I glue a tracing chip on my body so that he can find me easily with the help of my men. I did it only to ensure Emory's safety. I didn't care about me. I just wanted her to be safe but now.

The car stops in front of the hospital and I quickly slam open the door. I run to the operation room directly with Emory in my arms. Every second that passes makes it difficult for me to breath.

"Mr. Oberoi" the doctor greets with a horrified expression.

"Heal her. If anything happens to her, you all will regret the day you are born" I warn each of them and they visibly shake with fear. I reluctantly put Emory on the hospital bed, the white sheets turning red. I keep holing her hand until Vihaan pulls me away saying doctors need their time.

"Your wrist is bleeding. You need first aid" Vihaan says stepping in front of me.

"I am fine. I need to ensure she is safe first" I snap, pacing back and forth. I keep pulling my hair for as long she remains inside. My body, my soul everything is shattering. My heart is breaking down into million pieces.

"Shiv" I hear my name and turn to see Shivika and Sharvari running towards me. They both hug me but I didn't move a muscle. I have nothing to say or do.

"Emory" Shivi cries, looking at the door.

"She is going to be fine" I say sternly. My sister eyes sadden and more tears leaves her eyes.