Doctors Love

Story of a surgeon Dr. Zulaid Afandi and a medical student Dr. Inara Ibrahim.

Age gap
Enemies to lovers
Grumpy×sunshine
Arranged marriage

"What did you say?"

"You heard it!"

"No. I didn't. Repeat yourself"

"I hate you!"

"You mean love"

"No way. I meant what I said. I hate you"

"So you hate me?"

"Absolutely!"

"No problem! I hate you too"

The sun spread its shinny rays in the corridors of Fatima Memorial Hospital, a government teaching hospital that was facilitating thousands of patients everyday. It was one of the biggest and oldest hospitals in the city.

After a long weekend, the daily routine of Final year medical students started again who were now rotated to the surgical unit from the gynea unit. The previous surgical batch was rotated to the peads unit. That's how all the final year batches used to rotate throughout the year. Half of the year had already passed.

The new surgical batch had a student who wasn't very good in studies. Neither she was much confident about her medical knowledge. She was among the below average students of her class. Her personality was complex and so was her nature.

She was Inara Ibrahim, a final year medical student who never wanted to become a doctor at first place but was stuck in this field due to family pressure.

Welcome to the life of an average Pakistani medical student!

"Ya Allah! How will I spend three freaking months in this unit. Surgery is the toughest subject not that I like other subjects. I hate all of them equally but Surgery is a big 'no" Thoughts kept running in her mind. She couldn't focus on anything happening in the ward. She was lost in her own world.

"Inara move yourself and start taking history of your assigned patient otherwise Dr. Zulaid is gonna insult you in front of everyone. I am telling you, He doesn't spare anyone" Her friend, Sama made her realize the situation they were stuck in.

"Yes yes!!" Inara walked to her assigned bed where a HO, house Officer was already examining the patient.

"You are from Final year?" Dr. Suleman asked her.

"Yes. Sir!" She replied.

"Have you taken his history?" He asked her about the patient he was examining a few moments ago.

"Not yet" She told him, feeling embarrassed. It was her first day in the unit and she wasn't serious about her basics. By the way who gets serious on the very first day.

"It's okay. It's your first day I can understand. I am Dr. Suleman. I can tell you about the patient" He asked her nicely.

"Sure Sir! Thank you!" She was grateful to him for his kind gesture.