Chapter 2

Hot shot was in Cook Children's hospital. Hot shot has just found out he has a brain tumor. The type of brain tumor he has is called Medulloblastoma. This type of brain tumor is a type of brain cancer. Hot shot is going to need a lot of treatment in order to get better. He was kind of scared but ready to be brave. He was going to fight his cancer and beat it too. But Hot shot was wondering if it was his fault he had cancer. Hot shot was wondering why he got a brain tumor and cancer in the first place. Hot shot was also feelings many big feelings too. It was normal to feel a lot of big feelings. Hot shot was also a bit worried about what was going to happen during treatment. He was thinking of the things that will happen during treatment like the side effects. That made Hot shot a little big nervous. 

Right now Hot shot was dreaming. He was walking around and he saw something and he came up to it. "Hello there this is the brain," a voice said. Then a little fella jumped down to Hot shot from the brain. "I am a brain cell how are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine I guess," Hot shot said. "I never seen a brain before," he said. 

"Well now you have," the brain cell said. "Come one let me show you around," he said. Hot shot saw the brain up close. 

"This is cool," Hot shot said. Then Hot shot felt a sudden pain. Then a fire started on the brain on the lower part. 

Then a siren sounded. "Alert! Alert!" a voice said. "Tumor alert!" it said.

The fire was growing out of control. "A fire," Hot shot said.

"That is what the tumor is doing, to your brain," the cell said.

"What am I going to do?" Hot shot asked. 

"You need to fight this tumor fire," the cell said. "There are special water hoses, fire foam sprayers and axes used to fight the brain tumor fire," he said. "Using them will scar you, make you weak, make you tired, make you feel sick and lose your hair," he said.

"How can I handle all of that?" Hot shot asked.

"Are you surrounded by hope and love?" the cell asked. 

Hot shot saw his parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles, and cousins. They were all smiling at him. "We love you Hot shot," they said.

"Yes I am," Hot shot said.

"Then you can do this," the cell said.

"Do you know where I can find these special things?" Hot shot asked.

"Go the left and you will find a secret room there you will find what you need," the cell said. "You battle against the brain tumor fire will be long and hard," he said. "Are you ready?" he asked.

"I am ready," Hot shot said. Hot shot went left and ran as fast as he could. Hot shot found the secret room and he found a firefighter suite and helmet. He put them on. Then he grabbed the axe, fire foam sprayer and hose. Hot shot ran back to the brain ready to fight. 

Along the way Hot shot saw small balls of the fire and worked on putting them out. Hot shot began to feel weak and sick as he did so. His helmet got knocked off and his hair was gone. Hot shot put the helmet back on and ran to the fire in the brain. He went after it with the axe, fire foam and fire house. 

"You won't beat me that easy kid," the fire said.

"I doubt that," Hot shot said. "I have people who love me and they give me strength to keep fighting," he said. The fire shrieked and came close Hot shot sprayed it with the foam cannon making it shrink. Then sprayed it with water making it shrink more and more. Then he went after it with the axe making it shrink even more. Sprayed it with the foam cannon again making it shrink little more. Then one last spray of the hose the fire snuffed out to a puff of smoke.