Neat, No Chaser

Y/N laid down for about 4 hour's. She was awoken and greeted by Sadie coming into the tent. "Hello sleepy head" Sadie teased. "Slacker" Sadie smirked, teasing Y/N more. Y/N just laughed. "Bite me" Y/N laughed. Then she looked over and Sadie had an ornery, dangerous look in her eye. Y/N's eyes widened.

Sadie then leapt at her, wresting her down, careful around her leg and she bit her arm. Not too hard but she did bite. "Ouch!!" Y/N yelled. Sadie was laughing so hard, she was wheezing. Y/N then began laughing, joining the mad woman.

"What the hell? I didn't mean it literally devil woman!" Y/N sassed. "Devil woman?!? You told me to do it!" Sadie sassed, sarcastically. "You damn near bit me harder than the gator did" Y/N shook her head. "Oh, stop being a pussy. I did not!" Sadie sassed.

"Such fowl language for a lady!" Y/N covered her mouth, pretending to be shocked. "Shut up" Sadie hit her arm playfully. "Anyways... I got you a few things" Sadie said. "Oh come on, I said I didn't need anything!" Y/N protested.

"Oh, so you don't need this Gin and chocolate that I got you?" Sadie asked. "No no no, come on now let's not be rash. I think you misunderstood" Y/N put her hands up. "Oh, I did now?" Sadie laughed. "You did!!" Y/N said. They both started laughing. "I don't know... I'm not convinced" Sadie said.

"Oh, come on now!! You're mean!" Y/N sassed. Sadie just laughed, tossing her the items. Y/N just smiled. "I take that last statement back" she smiled. "I thought you might" Sadie smiled. "Thank you!" Y/N said. "No problem, woman" Sadie said the last part with a thicker accent.

"Wanna drink with me?" Sadie asked. "There's a scout fire by the camp entrance, away from the chaos of the other's. Want to go sit there?" Sadie asked. "Sure" Y/N smiled. "Wait... how are you feeling?" Sadie forgot to ask.

"Oh, I'm okay. Just needed to rest" Y/N smiled nervously. "Alright, if you say so" Sadie shook her head. "Come on woman, let's go" Sadie ordered. Y/N did so and followed her to the fire. Sadie was right. When they got there, it was only the two of them. The others were by the main fire.

It was nice being over there by themselves. They heard Javier playing guitar in the distance, the others singing, but they could hear nature and themselves think. It was nice and relaxing. It also allowed the two to talk a bit, since they could hear each other.

"You know, I love nature but the swamp? Not for me" Sadie said. "Tell me about it" Y/N scoffed, gesturing to her leg. Sadie just laughed softly. "I don't mind the reptiles. It's the bugs. They're always biting me" Sadie complained. "Yeah, me too" Y/N agreed.

"Tell you what...if we ever go out that way, Blackwater has a lotion there with lemon grass in it. It helps keep the mosquitoes away. I don't know why they don't sell it this way but... it works well" Y/N said. "Well, I don't reckon we'll ever go back to Blackwater" Sadie said.

"We're wanted there... well, they are" Sadie said. "It was a whole thing. They'll tell you about it. Trust me" Sadie rolled her eyes. Y/N shook her head. "Noted" she said. Sadie just looked out onto the river, seemed like something was on her mind. Y/N just let her sit in silence.

You're at your most comfortable when you can sit with a person and be totally silent... and it not be weird. It wasn't weird. Y/N just accepted that Sadie had a lot on her mind and to be honest... so did she. So, it didn't bother her that sometimes they'd sit in silence. It didn't feel unusual to her.

Sadie was biting at her lip. Seemed to be a nervous habit of hers. Y/N just stared at the fire a bit. It reminded her a little of sitting by the fire with some of the gang. They were lively but kind and understanding when someone needed a moment to reflect.

Then, Sadie spoke. "Y/N..." Sadie said softly. "Yes?" She asked. "Are... Are you angry?" She asked. "You know... after what happened... are you angry? Have you gotten over that?" She asked. "I'm not angry anymore" Y/N said simply.

Sadie just nodded. "I am" she said. "I'm so angry, I can't even see straight" Sadie said. "I'm... Afraid" Sadie said. "Afraid?" Y/N asked. "Yeah" Sadie said. "I'm afraid I won't recognize myself at the end of this" Sadie said. There was a silence.

"I can barely remember the woman I used to be, you know?" Sadie had a tear in her eye and she was choked up. "I just... I'm afraid I will never be the same. I know... I know thing's won't be... I know my life has changed but I'm afraid, I will never be myself again" Sadie said.

"I'm afraid I'll never get over this" Sadie said. "I'm afraid it'll eat me up alive" she said. She scoffed. "Hell, it already has" she said, voice an octave deeper. "To tell you the truth... I'm sure you have changed and I'm sure you won't be the same ever again" Y/N said.

"That supposed to be comforting?" Sadie lifted an eyebrow at Y/N. Y/N just laughed. "Now I'm not going to bullshit you. That's the truth... but Sadie, you went through some pretty horrible shit" Y/N said. Sadie nodded in agreement.

"Kinda hard to stay the same person after something like that" Y/N said. "But you will survive... and you will find yourself again. You just... have to relearn a lot of things" Y/N said. "Like who you are. The new you" Y/N said.

"The new me?" Sadie smirked. "The you after all of this happened. Who is she? I think she's a lot more interesting if you ask me" Y/N shrugged. "Oh, so you like all the baggage huh? It's a good look for me?" Sadie laughed.

"I wouldn't wish that on anyone Sadie. I'm not saying you should have gone through it but... you did and I think you're a hell of a woman" Y/N said. "Honest truth. I've always been honest with the women in my life" Y/N said.

Sadie laughed. "The women in your life" She shook her head. "What?" Y/N smiled. "Nothing, I just didn't know you were such a chick magnet" Sadie smirked. "You'd be surprised Miss Adler" Y/N smirked. Sadie looked at her with a look she couldn't quite place.

"What?" Y/N asked. "Nothing... You're just... different is all. I don't know how to take you sometimes" Sadie laughed. "Neat, no chaser" Y/N said. Sadie shook her head. "You're something else Y/N" Sadie smiled. "Well... thanks for letting me vent anyway" Sadie said.

"Anytime" Y/N said. "And I mean that" she added. "I believe you" Sadie smirked. Then she walked away, making her way back to the tent. Then Y/N felt it again in her stomach. What the hell was that?