1. The discovery

In the quiet of a chilly Christmas atmosphere, a woman breaks the tranquility of the neighborhood in Sillery.

In panic, Léa Bergeron stands frozen at the entrance of a luxurious house of Jacques Savoie. With trembling hands and a heart filled with fear, she dials 911 after witnessing a haunting scene.

"911, what's your emergency?

Lea struggling to compose herself. "P... ple ... please, send someone quickly!" she says in distress.

"Ma'am, calm down and tell me what happened?"

"I am at Mr. Savoie's house and found his dead body."

"What's your address? Is there anyone else there?"

"1922, Berger Street. Jacques is dead in his bedroom, and Claire, she's... she's not moving!" her voice trembles.

"Alright, ma'am. I'm dispatching officers to your location right now. Are you in any danger?"

"No, I don't know. Please, hurry!" she looks at her surrounding as she is confirming her answer.

"Help is on the way, ma'am. Stay on the line with me. Where are you now?"

"Next to the entrance of the house, I ran away in panic as soon as I checked Jacques, he was not breathing." She bites her nails while talking to the dispatcher.

"Can you tell me about another person you found in the house?"

Léa tried to remember, "I... I'm too scared to go near her. Oh god, please, hurry!"

"It's okay. We need you to step out of the scene, ma'am, and wait until our officers arrive."

"Okay." Léa feels relieve after reporting the situation.

[The call continues as Léa anxiously awaits the arrival of emergency officers, her voice trembling with fear and distress.]

***

The distant wail of sirens grows louder, signaling the imminent arrival of the emergency service.

Moments later, the flashing lights of the ambulance and police cars pierce through the darkness, casting a spine-chilling glow on the quiet street in the upscale neighborhood, the cars parked outside Jacques' property.

The dispatchers then make their way down the snow-covered road. They catch glimpses of a grand mansion of the wealthiest man in the neighborhood.

The entrance to the property is marked by ornate wrought iron gates. Beyond the gates lies a long driveway, leading up to the main house.

As they approach, the property boasts a sprawling yard, blanketed in a thick layer of snow, stretching as far as the eye can see. The elegant mansion is tucked away behind a line of tall trees, giving it a feeling of being secluded and private.

Paramedics rush out with stretchers and medical equipment in hand.

Meanwhile, police officers secure the perimeter and assess the situation swiftly. With a sense of urgency, they approach Léa, who is standing near the entrance.

Following Léa's directions, they discovered the tycoon's lifeless body on the bed, surrounded with pool of blood. Curling up next to the corner of the room is Claire LeBlanc, his ex-lover, in shock.

The paramedics waste no time in assessing the situation, immediately attending to Jacques and administering life-saving measures.

They confirm that he died from severe bleeding caused by multiple stab wounds, likely occurring more than six hours ago.