6. Testimony of Léa

In a 3x4 m² room, the walls painted white and the floor a muted gray, a single table stood in the corner with three chairs arranged around it. The space is minimalist and closed, its simplicity accentuated by the stark contrast of white and gray.

A dim light illuminates the room located in the middle of the room. White old mechanical clock is placed in the middle of the wall, so everyone can see every second pass within the cold historical room. A place where the justice is being pursue and the guilty one is being stripped. One the other side of the wall, placed a green blackboard complete with chalks and eraser.

A CCTV camera was installed in the corner to observe and record all the events happening during the interrogation.

Two detectives sit in their chairs, poised and ready, as they welcomed Léa Bergeron, the witness who found Jacque Savoie's dear body.

Detective Gagnon, dressed in his customary attire-a crisp white shirt, charcoal trousers, and polished black Oxfords-exuded a quiet authority.

Beside him, Detective Côté, in a pale blue shirt and long gray pants, looked equally professional. Both sported well-arranged hair and professional smiles, their notes in hand, prepared for the interview ahead.

Léa Bergeron, the first and only witness to discover the victim and call 911, sat in the interrogation room, her hands folded neatly in her lap. In her late 60s, she was still blessed with the strength to do manual work.

Her black hair framed a figure that had weathered the years, with excess weight clinging to her frame. Léa worked as a regular cleaner in the victim's house, visiting once a week for routine cleaning and once a month for a deep clean.

Despite her age, Léa had many clients in the neighborhood, which provided enough income to cover her expenses and support her household, where she cared for her sick husband.

The victim paid her a hefty amount for her services, recognizing the additional responsibilities she juggled.

Léa Bergeron enters with a composed demeanor, though traces of concern were evident in her expression. She wore a simple yet neat ensemble-a gray cardigan over a white blouse, paired with black trousers and sensible flats.

As she took her seat, she felt the intensity of the detectives' gaze, both reassuring and daunting. With a deep breath, she began to recount the events of that fateful Christmas Day at Savoie's mansion.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bergeron. We've met before at Mr. Savoie's mansion. Thank you for coming in today to give your testimony. Please, have a seat," Detective Gagnon said, motioning to the chair.

"Good morning, Detective. Thank you," Léa replied as she sits down.

"Can I offer you anything to drink?" he offered kindly.

"I've had my coffee already. Perhaps a glass of water would be good," Léa responds.

Detective Gagnon briefly left the room, returning with a cup of coffee in his left hand and a glass of water in his right. "Here you go, Mrs. Bergeron."

"Just call me Léa," she says with an appreciative smile.

"Will do, Léa. Before we begin, I need to inform you that I'll be recording our conversation for the purpose of our investigation."

"Sure, Detective," she agrees.

"Could you please state your full name and address for the record?" Detective Côté starts with first question.

"My name is Léa Bergeron, and I live at 123 Oak Street," she states clearly.

"Can you tell me in as much detail as possible everything you saw or heard on the morning of the incident?" Detective Gagnon asks seriously.