How to deal with Witches and Demons

As Koakuma dragged me through the library, I start to notice how dusty the room is and how stuffy it feels. No wonder miss librarian feels like crap all the time. She has been breathing the same air for a million years! Not to mention, this place looks extremely huge, how did they build such a place under ground level without heavy machinery?

On the other hand, I also notice that this demon girl doesn't know the concept of personal space. All the way through the library, she has been practically glued to me, and I think she even tried to grope me. 

We finally arrive to what it seems to be the center of the library. I was expecting to see a sickly old granny after hearing the descriptions that Meiling and Sakuya gave about her, but, Gensokyo surprises me yet again.

A girl with dull and long purple hair was sitting on a comfy looking sofa. She had a small mountain of books next to her. She seems to be wearing a nightgown of sorts, concealing her entire body. Did she just wake up or something? That book she's reading must be a best seller if this the first thing she does after waking up. She doesn't seem aware about our presence yet.

"Lady Patchouli, time for some refreshments! Put that book down, you can continue later." Said Koakuma as she took the tray from my hands, placing it on a table near the librarian.

"Shut up, I'm almost done." The librarian's voice was somewhat deep and commanding. She kept reading, her burrow frown with concentration. I try to read the cover of the book she's holding but it is just gibberish to me.

The demon girl, with a smile on her face, just got close to the reading woman, and suddenly snatched the book from her hands. 

The purple haired woman was a little too much into that book. She jumped on her seat when Koakuma took the book from her. Clenching her first she stood up from her chair. "What the hell are you doing? I told you I was almost done!"

That red haired girl wasn't scared or worried, she was enjoying getting the librarian so worked up, that shit eating grin on her face was evidence enough. "No need to get so upset, Lady Patchouli, this book can wait. Besides, you're making a horrible first impression for your new assistant."

"New assistant? What are you talking about?" Koakuma pointed at me, and the librarian's gaze followed the demon's finger. When her eyes were focused on me, she smiled smugly. "Ah! Finally! Remilia finally stopped being so stubborn and fired that idiotic maid!"

The girl with four wings started chuckling. "I'm sorry Lady Patchouli, but that doesn't seem to be the case. That poor grimoire Sakuya took from you, didn't go to waste after all."

The purple haired woman's expression went from smug to gloomy after hearing that Sakuya was still working in the mansion. With a defeated look she took a seat next to the table with the tray on top of it. "Tch, so much for good news... And please, don't take it personally, but I doubt you can replace the value of that grimoire with your person alone."

I'm already hating this old crone. She reminds me so much to my last boss with that uppity attitude of hers. I had to hold myself back from answering to this dusty crone, and then I realized something. This is a library, there's so much information in here, and maybe this librarian knows about how to escape Gensokyo. I'll just keep quiet and try to get into her good side.

I breath deeply before answering. "I'm so sorry to hear that, miss librarian. I'll try my hardest to make up for it."

"Huh, I wasn't expecting such a polite answer. Come here for a second." The woman wearing a nightgown gestures with her hand to move closer to her and once I do, she grabs me by my face and starts looking at me intensely. "Hold still."