Glowing Wings

Let's see, going outside: open sky, no way to hide, lethal falls everywhere... Nah, I think I'm good.

I open the door to the room. It is a small storage for cleaning supplies with a really large, but old looking closet. I tiptoe inside, trying to close the door as softly as possible. I don't want to think what she's going to do to me if she finds me here.

I stay close to the door, pressing my ear against the door. The silence is only broken by my heartbeats. Then I hear footsteps, slowly getting closer to the door, followed by a happy humming. It's her...!

"Hmmmmm~ here~ you~ are~"

I don't know if she's talking to herself or she in fact knows I'm here. Her voice is enough to make my entire body feel cold. The terror running through my veins is almost unbearable... I cover my mouth with my hand. Slowly moving away from the door.

"My lovely, lovely Nobu. I didn't want to spoil the fun but, I can smell you. Your sweet, sweet scent is mouthwatering." The door starts to creak. She found me! "Please, don't be scared. You'll enjoy it!" The door is finally open, and she lies her eyes on me. Her entire face is flushed with arousal, her clothes stained with her own drool and her hair disheveled after chasing me through the mansion. "This was so fun, thank you for putting up with me. But I can't hold it anymore."

She enters the room, slowly taking her black vest and unbuttoning her shirt. "I can't stop this aching." I take as many steps back as I can, trying to put as much distance as possible until my back is against the closet's doors. "I want to taste your lips, I want to feel your warmth. See your pretty face as you moan for me." 

I can't see her anymore, and as pathetic as it might sound, I open the closet and hide inside, hoping the wood is enough to shield me from her. "Fufufu, I think your room is a lot more comfortable, but suit yourself. We have all night to try different places~"

She opens the closet and stares at me. There's nowhere to run. And as I brace myself from what's about to happen, I hear Koakuma wincing in pain, and a knife bounces close to my face. She is even more furious now, whatever happened there, pissed her off even further, but at least her attention is elsewhere. But then I hear a noise under my feet.

*Crack!*

The wood that supported my weight inside the closet snapped. It scared the shit out of me, but you know what's worse? Not feeling the ground under your feet. A hole in the ground swallowed me whole. And that fall became a slide made out of stone and rock. My body painfully bouncing against the walls, not to mention the amount of cobwebs and dust inside. I probably have a few spiders inside my stomach at this point.

The fall lasted for quite a while, at some point I didn't expect it to end, but man, seeing the floor was a relief until I crashed into it.

Goddamn it, now that the adrenaline is wearing off, my legs hurt, my entire body aches after bouncing like a pinball, and to makes things worse, I don't know where I am, and this new room is even creepier than the rest of the mansion. Oh, and that knife that almost left a hole in my face, bounced down with me as well.

The room is a mess, books everywhere, some eerie dolls here and there and... weapons? Axes and swords way too big for me to handle. I think I'll stick with the knife for now. I barely can move, I don't think dragging a sword almost as big as my torso would be a good idea.

I look around for a bit, there's a table with some chairs and right in the middle of the room, there's a coffin. I don't know and I don't want to know if that thing is occupied, so I better leave it undisturbed for now. If demons exists in here, what about zombies?

I finally spot the door in this dimly lit room. I should get out of here before Koakuma crawls her way through that hole too. Nothing. The door handle doesn't even budge, and even the door is made of a sturdy, heavy metal. There's no way I can open it with my bare hands, not even if I try to swing any of those weapons on the floor.

That feeling of defeat inside of me feels overwhelming. I feel crushed by the pressure, as I hit the door with my own hands. The cold metal doesn't budge one inch, and I can't help but scream in frustration.

"Sakuya, calm down! I'm already awake!"

The voice came from behind me, and I'm pretty sure it came from that coffin. I turn around slowly, cursing my lack of self control, and soon enough, the cover of that coffin opened. Slowly. From it emerged a really young looking woman with blonde hair, wearing a red dress. Her eyes are red and glow in the darkness, but most eerie of all, her wings. I don't know to describe them exactly, they look mechanical, and from them hang colorful crystals that glow weakly.

"Oh...? Well, you don't look like Sakuya..." She steps outside of her coffin and looks at me, curiosity in her eyes. "Don't tell me Remi finally grew tired of her and decided to change things around!" She starts giggling before answering herself. "But that doesn't make any sense. Remi is too stubborn to let things go just like that, and Sakuya brought me dinner yesterday."

How do I put it into words... Koakuma was scary, certainly, even more so when she was chasing me down. But this girl, despite not looking that aggressive, something in my gut (probably the spiders) makes me feel that primordial sense of fear, even more than in the presence of Patchouli's assistant.

She tilts her head, slowly approaching me. "Hahaha, what's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" She smiles, and two long fangs are visible, poking out of her smile. "You're not a visitor, you're too scared for that. But you still got in my room..." I can tell she's getting excited, I don't know what conclusions she's making in her head, but the atmosphere is growing heavier and heavier. 

"Are you maybe an intruder? You don't look powerful, but no one could sneak past Sakuya unless you were that black and white witch..." Her smile widens even more. "Does that mean you were able to beat Sakuya? You must be really strong!" She raises her hand in the air, and a blood red lance appears out of nowhere, glowing and crackling. "Fight me!"

She threw that lance at me, and the speed almost got me. The force she used to throw that thing was enough to pierce through the door but also ripping it off its hinges, leaving it pinned against a wall. I run through the newly made exit, not even giving this crazy weirdo a second glance.

"What's the matter little rat?! You can't escape me!" Her voice echoes through the underground corridor.

I run as fast as I can until I reach the main hall again, but my victory was short lived as that basement dweller grabbed me and lifted me by my collar.

"Is that all? A weakling like you took down Sakuya like that? That's really disappointing. Come on! Show me what you g-"

I stab her arm with the knife that fell with me to the basement. The blade sinks effortlessly in her skin. A sizzling sound and smoke comes from her wound. She looks at the knife with a dumbfounded look. She's surprised but it didn't do much to help me get away from her grasp.

She starts laughing. "You are even using Sakuya's weapon! I'm impressed! Let me return you the favor." The nails in her free hand grow into claws and she starts winding up before striking my body.

"Lady Flandre, wait!" That voice! That's -!

*Shluk!*

A sharp, burning pain in my abdomen. It knocked the air out of me. I can hear voices but I can't make sense out of them. My vision is blurry and wobbly, slowly becoming darker and darker.

I feel cold.