Time for a break (Author's words)

Heyo, friends! Thank you again for coming and reading my fanfic, again. For my first time trying to write fanfiction, I find wild I'm almost at 2k reads in less than two months, and for that, I can't thank you all enough for your time and for hanging with me.

This post is more about me trying to communicate what I want to do with the story so far. After writing non stop for a month, I came to the realization that I enjoy writing so much, that I want to expand a bit more outside the main fanfic I'm writing right now. (And by that I mean this one you're reading right now.)

Trying to convey the entirety of Touhou in just one fic would be a herculean task, so I've decided to chop up the story and split it into several books.

Right now we are in the SDM arc and the beginning of Nobuyuki's journey. This arc might have a few good, bad and neutral endings, and depending on what people choose (or what I want to write at the moment) the "true" ending for this arc might change.

This means, I'll have a book for each faction in Gensokyo, since I want to establish characters that actually have connections and interests beyond the main character. That doesn't mean that old places and characters won't reappear in the future.

On top of that, I'm thinking about writing one shots to depict some of the adventures and misadventures of the girls outside of Nobuyuki's awareness. Rather than affecting the main plot, think of those as a complement to have a peek inside a character's life. (I'll try to keep what I can about the canon, but fanon is inevitable.)

These oneshots can be on demand as well, so if you feel like reading about a particular character doing something, give me a heads-up and I'll try to come up with something interesting.

As for the title of this publication, I've been thinking about giving this fanfic a rest for a moment. I have a few interesting ideas and endings planned, but maybe I shouldn't move so fast and let this sit for a bit.

And well, three pieces of useless trivia to close this chapter:
1- I've been a Touhou fan for a long, long time.
2- My favorite character is Sakuya Izayoi. She was the character that introduced me to Touhou thanks to her being a walking Jojo reference. (I was reading Stardust Crusaders when I became aware of Touhou.)
3- I would like to add my self-insert in the future, but just as a background character. He might be affected by the main character's actions, but it won't affect the overall plot.

And that's about it, thank you so much for staying with me!