To Break and Subjugate (Flandre's POV)

At first I didn't understand my sister and her fascination with humans. Why even bother with such weak, squishy and feeble things in the first place?

I wasn't aware of what I am back then, but being alone with Sakuya in a room was enough for me to tell, she wasn't like sis or me. Or even Patchy or Meiling for that matter.

Oh, but there she was, head over heels for her precious maid. Letting herself be pampered and spoiled by that woman for years and years. In a way, a simple human was enough to soften her. And don't let me get started when that shrine maiden came into our mansion.

What was that funny phrase the humans from the outside use? "Guns blazing"? Yeah, it sounds about right. That red and white miko busted into our home guns blazing and bashed our skulls. From the gatekeeper to my sister. Huh? What about me? You don't need to know. Let's just say I had my vengeance when that weirdo Toutetsu decided to pick up a fight with almost everyone on the surface of Gensokyo.

You see, Remi, is a lame faker who likes to act and talk big, but she's no pushover (even though I'm stronger), and always likes to brag about how powerful and terrible she is, but once she got her face caved in... I expected her to get mad, to stop fooling around and take on that shrine maiden once again to even the score. But nope. Nothing happened.

Well, yes, something did happen, Remi became even more of a lame than before. She even started going outside to visit that girl. And not only that, she invited her into our home too! But that's when I saw it. The way Remi looks at Reimu. Those eyes, that warmth, that softness. Not even Sakuya provoked such a reaction from Remi. It's just so... sweet. Sickeningly sweet. I dislike it. A lot.

Remi is weird, I really don't understand her sometimes. Ah, I don't get it. Why is she changing so much? Are humans really that powerful? Sakuya without her clock and knives is just a human. Me? You can take my wings, my fangs, and I still could crush you with just my pinky.

Bah, whatever. I tried to understand more about them, but Patchy's books are so boring, and only showed me how fragile they are, and how short their life is. What's the fun about keeping with you something that might break so easily? That would explain why Remi kept nagging at Sakuya to "become immortal".

I was at a dead end with all of this. But then, he came. A human came crashing down right into my lap. Not too different from Sakuya or Marisa, maybe a little roughed up and half scared to death, holding one of the maid's knives in his hand.

Heh, I have to admit, I might have been a little rough with him. At first I thought he was an intruder, and hey, you can't blame me for trying to keep my home free from pests. He ran and struggled, he even stabbed my arm to break free from my grasp. It was clear he was leagues below the humans who like to visit us, but he still had guts in him to keep on fighting. And so, I wanted to see them. His guts that is.

If it wasn't for the maid, I would've left a mess in the main hall that night, but I still punched a few holes in him. And that wasn't the only thing that night. Our dying little human drove Koakuma crazy somehow, and she had to be put down as well. And she has been locked in the basement ever since. Heh, you could say we are almost roomies.