first date

where did you guys do on your first date?
short answer: to the aquarium

how it played out:
• the reason why cameron wanted to go to the aquarium is because he doesn't like the idea of only eating at a restaurant or going to the movies— because he wouldn't be able to talk to you as much as he would like— on the first date.
note: he doesn't like orcas, dolphins, and penguins, so if you're ever at a zoo or an aquarium with him, he won't waste his time checking out these animals. if he ever chose to stay by their exhibits, he'd drone on and on how they're terrible creatures and why he feels this way. with that being said, don't get him on his high horse!
— it'll take a lot of effort to get him to shut up...just trust me on that.🧍🏼‍♀️
• the moment he gets there, he's like a kid in a candy store because he's pointing out and naming all the types of fish. it got to the point where he grabbed your hand and practically ran through the aquarium, not really stopping for anything unless he found a particular fish that caught his eye.
— of course, knowing that he's probably getting ahead of himself, cameron will always check on you to make sure that you're having just as much fun as him because if you aren't, he'll immediately shut this shit down and you two will go somewhere else.
• "do you want to go pet the bamboo sharks and stingrays?"
— as soon as you asked this, cameron's eyes lit up as if they were stars in the darkest of nights. he even had to take a few deep breaths to calm himself before replying, "...yes, please." however, when you got there, he was a little upset to see how hesitant you were when it came to petting the fish. "is everything alright?" he asked.
— you shook your head to say no, but didn't bother to explain why you felt this, making cam assume a few reasons for you acting like this: were you too scared? or was it a sensory thing? regardless, he pulled his right hand out of the water and wrapped both of his around yours, gently whispering into your ear to reassure you that everything will be alright and that you'll 'both do it together'. as luck would have it, you managed to just barely graze one of the stingrays before calling it quits.

it's still a win in cameron's book!