how he gives hints to him liking you

how did he drop hints about him liking you?
short answer: n/a

how it played out:
• as soon as cameron found out that he had feelings for you, he immediately started to try and drop hints to you that he liked you. i mean, you two have been friends for months now. surely, it was okay to develop these types of feelings at this point, right?
• he started by complimenting you more than usual—"hi, y/n, you're looking fine today", "hey, is that a new shirt?", stuff like that but you always chalked it up to him being in a good mood that day, much to his dismay
— when that didn't work, cameron bribed his buddies to randomly say: "you two would be cute together" to you and him when you were going through some notes with one another in the cafeteria to see how you'd react. sadly, you didn't say much. you simply didn't pay attention to his friend's comment and told him to go away since you two were trying to study.
• after a week of trying to indirectly tell you about his feelings, cameron was about ready to give up until he saw one of the other popular boys— brian— talking about you in a very vulgar manner in class which lit a fire in cameron. he didn't know why but as soon as he heard that bastard talking about you in that way, he knew he had to do something about it. so, he waited until the period was over to meet up with brian in the halls and gave him a right hook! soon, the two fought and it ended with cameron on top of his classmate, panting and wiping blood that was trickling out of his nose.
— this also made the two be sent to the principal's office and given a week's detention each before they were given the 'ok' to go to the nurse.
• when you heard that brian and cameron were both sent to the nurse in your next period, you immediately asked to go to the bathroom to get the hall pass and once you had it, you hurried to the nurse's office where you were met with a sorry sight.
• "cameron...what happened?"
— the school nurse answered this for you and told you that he and the other boy had gotten into a fight, but cameron refuses to tell anyone why.
— "eh...he deserved it." cameron retorted with a grimace, but his sour mood did a complete 180 when you leaned down and gently grabbed his face to take a closer look at him.
• "what were you thinking?"
• "i..." he trailed off, breathless as his eyes shifted between your eyes and down to your lips.

this is going to be harder than he thought...