ix.

"We were scanning the cities
Rocking to pay the dues
But besides of the glamour
All we got was bruised"

1919, Birmingham

Grace was standing on a table, singing to the men in the Garrison. The Shelby's walked into the bar slowly because it was so crowded, due to the pretty woman singing in front of them all. It became silent when the gang walked in, leaving the barmaid singing alone and when she stopped there was an awkward silence.

Harry walked over to them. "We haven't had singing in here since the war." Tommy stared at him.

"Why do you think that is, Harry?" He didn't like music. The into music he needed was the pages turning, the furious scribbles in the said books, and the typing coming from the their betting shop. Grace shifted uncomfortably.

...

It was now night, the moon and stars were in the sky. The couple were over in Charlie Strong's yard. The men taking care of the guns so they can hide them. Curly was hammering shut the crate that held all the bullets and with the help of Charlie, was carrying them to the boat.

"Uncle Charlie. A word." Tommy called out, a sleepy Rowena on his arm. Said man walked off the boat.

"They are aboard." He confirmed. "We can take them out to the turning point beyond Gas Street and leave them on the bank. They'll be found by railway men first thing." Tommy stayed silent, just smoking his cigarette. "Is that agreement?"

Tommy took the cigarette out of his mouth. "I changed my mind."

Rowena suddenly wasn't tired anymore. "You what? When was this decided-"

"I have an alternative strategy." He interrupted. "Tell Curly to take her out to the old tobacco wharf." He was speaking of the boat and weapons. "There's a lockup mooring we used to keep cigarettes. He knows about it. When the boat leaves your yard, it's no longer your concern." He told Charlie.

His uncle took a hit on his cigarette before saying, "have you lost your fucking mind? Have you not seen the streets? They've sent a fucking army to find these things."

"That's right. They've shown their hand."

Rowena scoffed and let go of Tommy's arm. She walked a few paces away and stood with her arms crossed and shaking her head. "Their hand?" Charlie repeated.

"If they want them back this bad, they'll have to pay. That's the way of the world. Fortune drops something valuable into your lap, you don't just dump it on the bank of the Cut."

Charlie looked at his nephew incredulously. "You're blood, Tommy. I've always looked out for you like a dad. You're going to bring Holy hell down on your head. This copper takes no prisoners."

Tommy clicked his tongue and tilted his head for a moment. "I'm told he didn't serve. Reserved occupation."

Rowena had enough. "Is it another war you're looking for, Tommy?! Think about your family for once. What do you think will happen to us? We'll be associated with you because we're family and we'll go down with you. Ever think of that?"

Tommy glanced at her, but then looked to his uncle. "The tobacco wharf. By order of the Peaky Blinders." He didn't wait for Winnie, instead he pat his uncle's shoulder and walked away.

Charlie looked to Winnie. Her eyes were watery, her shoulders shaking. He slowly made his way over to her as to not suddenly scare her. He took her in his arms in a fatherly way.

She sniffled. "I hope he knows what he's doing."

I don't really like this chapter but I hope you did!
NOT EDITED