xi.

'Strawberries, cherries, and an angel's kiss in spring
My summer wine is really made from all these things
Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time
And I'll live you summer wine'
Mm, summer wine

1919, Birmingham

The brothers were out doing god knows what, when inspector Campbell went to the church that Polly frequently visited. During this visit, Rowena was with her. She wasn't necessarily religious but she believed there was some force behind what the world goes through.

The large church door swung open. Polly and Winnie turned in sync, the latter calling out, "a gentleman would take off his hat and put out his pipe." Once Polly turned back around, Winnie followed.

The inspector tapped his pipe against one of the pews mockingly. Polly took a deep breath. "I see you Specials only dare come here when you know the boys are away at the fair."

Winnie hummed. "How brave."

"You mean your nephews?" The man asked the older woman. "With their guns and their razors?" She didn't look at him as she lit candles at the alter. "Is it then you're lighting candles for?" He motioned to the actions of the woman.

She continued lighting the candles. "No. We are lighting candles for the boys from the Garrison who lost their lives in France. There's a list there." She looked up at him.

The Irishman stood silent. Winnie slowly stalked over to the man, stopping a few feet in front  of him as she didn't want to actually get close to him. "I hear you didn't make it to France, Inspector Campbell."

"You've heard of me? I've heard of you. Of both of you." He walked closer to her, she stood her ground but in her eyes you could see she was deeply uncomfortable. Polly pushed herself between the man and the young woman.

"Is it the Holy Grail you're looking for?"

"As a matter of fact, it is the Holy Grail I'm looking for. Something precious. Something stolen." He pushed Polly into the wall. "Perhaps you know what I'm talking about."

Winnie was about to tear the man away from the woman but she kissed the man making him freak out and back away. "Sorry, I misunderstood your intention when you pushed me against the wall." She grinned at him, his response was pulling out a handkerchief and wiping his mouth. Winnie stepped forward, standing next to the woman and putting out her hand behind her back so the two could high-five discreetly.

The inspector walked bash the gate to open the side door, his men walked in with batons strapped to their belts. "Turn the place upside down." Campbell commanded. "Arthur Shelby said you people would help us."

Winnie crossed her arms. "If we don't know what you've lost, how can we help you find it?"

"But I have found out subsequently that I was speaking to the wrong man. Next time, I want to talk to the boss. Lickey Tea Rooms. Friday, ten o'clock." He called as he walked down the aisle and out the church doors. "And when I say 'the boss' I mean Thomas."

His men continued to look around the church, the women looked at each other. They didn't have to say anything, they knew they were thinking the same thing.

NOT EDITED