Chapter 6

Optimus caressed his abdomen as Arcee stepped up to the console in the lobby to bring up the location where Bulkhead had travelled to earlier. It was disturbing that Bulkhead might have been saved by chance, rather than by his own skills as a warrior. Optimus did not know what to make of it as this was the first time it has happened. And now Fowler had arrived to inform them that he had some idea of what might have happened. If humans were involved, Optimus did not like it at all. Especially since he already had an idea of who would be behind it. But he would wait for confirmation before making a comment about it.

Though the few minutes they had been in the lobby, Ratchet and Bulkhead both walked into the lobby, as Ratchet did not have much work to finish with patching Bulkhead's shoulder. That was good, because they both should be here to listen to what Fowler believed to be the case at this time. They all needed to know who had been there at the time Bulkhead and Breakdown were fighting. Because if Breakdown had been taken, they all knew Bulkhead could have met the same fate.

The humans stared at the screen intently as Ratchet moved Arcee away from the console gently as he knew the exact location and brought it up on screen. Fowler narrowed his eyes a little as the location was a specific part of a different country as Ratchet looked at the man. "This is where Bulkhead had bridged to after we detected the strange energon signature. And that same signature is now gone since their fight, which it should not have been the case."

"The Kamchatka Peninsula in Eastern Russia." Fowler did not seem happy by this location that the wrecker had to explore. Especially when he gives the explanation as to why. "Much of it was abandoned twenty years ago when its volcano first erupted. My intel reported Mech activity earlier today." Optimus was definitely disturbed, as he had his suspicions regarding Mech's involvement.

Miko looked at the man in surprise. "Mech?! You mean those techie guys?"

Ratchet also did not like this, because he knew that from the incident with the Dingus, these Mech agents learned of the existence of the autobots and decepticons. "The very ones who know of our existence on your planet. Ever since the train incident." He looked at Optimus with concern. "I hope that they never got a glimpse of Azura at the time as well. Because they would then know of a sparkling among us."

"I do not know." Optimus still had his hand on his abdomen as he knew that it was possible. "I wish I did not. But at least they cannot take her from us."

"That really depends on the reason as to why they took Breakdown." Ratchet hummed softly as he glanced back at the screen thoughtfully. "And they must have been waiting there."

"I'd say they must have figured out we investigate these kind of signals and created the signal to attract one of us there. And they got two." Bulkhead wasn't exactly thrilled by it, but he was glad that it was not him they had taken. But that does not change how things might go.

"But what would they want with Breakdown? Or any autobot or decepticon?" Miko questioned with a frown on his face.

"What's it matter? They can have him." Arcee was unbothered by this fact about Mech taking Breakdown, and she was not considering the wider picture at this time.

Bumblebee was unhappy with Arcee's response as he frowned at her and placed his hands on his hips. "Arcee, that's not very nice. I know he's a decepticon, but I think it is bad that Mech had taken Breakdown. They could have kidnapped Bulkhead as well. Though, it is kind of funny he was taken down by some humans. Megatron won't be happy."

Bulkhead chuckled lightly in agreement. "Yeah, dragged off by humans. Ha! Guess I softened him up for them huh?" He punched his palm enthusiastically, before glancing at Miko who seemed less than pleased with his response.