123

[DIALOGUE]

< EVIE'S RESIDENCE. EVENING. >

They both almost finished the carbonara pasta that Jachin made. It was that good.

Evie
Okay, maybe you have rights.

Evie smiled as she drained the dishes that Jachin was scrubbing and washing. They decided it would be faster to do it together.

Better together.

Jachin
Sabi sa 'yo, e. Recipe ni Mama J kaya masarap talaga.

Jachin
Dati rin kasi ginagawa ni Mama para sa mga handaan. 'Pag potluck, siya nakatoka madalas sa pasta.

Evie
She must be loved by everyone.

Jachin
Alam mo, 'yan nga sabi ni Papa J. Sabi niya, 'dyan ako nakuha ng Mama mo e.' Kasi nga masarap magluto.

Evie
He's a good dad to you too.

Ngumiti si Jachin.

Jachin
Sobra. Kahit matigas din ulo ko nung binata pa ako. Alam mo bang nagsisigarilyo ako dati?

Nanlaki ang mata nito at agad na binitawan ang plato na hawak.

Evie
Bub, you didn't.

Her face was painted with disbelief, brows furrowed and mouth ajar.

Jachin
I did. Pa'no kasi, impluwensiya rin ni Rigo. Pero 'di naman na ako nag-sisigarilyo.

Evie
Kasi ayaw ni Papa J?

Tumango si Jachin.

Jachin
Ayaw niya sa may bisyo. 'Kala mo naman 'di nakikipag-inuman sa mga kumpare niya sa may amin. Parang every Friday nga tumitikim do'n.

Jachin
Pero ayaw niya lang 'yong malala na bisyo. Ayos naman sa kanya kung minsanang inom lang.

Evie
It's good kasi 'di ka naging dependent sa sigarilyo.

Jachin
Yeah. Kaya iniimpluwensiyahan ko rin si Rigo. Pero 'di ko naman siya laging mababantayan. Nagtitiwala na lang ako na titigil na rin siya.

Evie
But I don't see him smoke 'pag kasama natin?

Jachin
E ayaw kasi ni Fatima no'n. Nagagalit kapag amoy usok siya. Kaya madalas maraming kinakain 'yon 'pag bawal siyang mag sigarilyo.

Evie nodded in understanding.

Evie
I hope he stops too. And ikaw! Don't use anymore, okay?

Jachin
Of course. You have my word, bub.

Pagkatapos nilang maglinis ay nanood na lang sila kasama ang mga pusa ni Evie.

Coco was sitting beside them while the other two was littered around the living area.

Jachin
Sure ka okay lang na mag-stay pa ako?

Evie
Mm-hmm. My step-mom usually arrives late at night pa.

Jachin
Okay. Tapusin na lang natin 'to. Kinakabahan ako, e.

Kumunot ang noo ni Evie at nilingon siya. They were both sitting on the floor and resting their backs on the couch behind.

Evie
. . . Why?

Jachin
E baka kung anong isipin niya, syempre. 'Di naman ako nananamantala.

Evie giggled at his expression. Lumilingon ito sa pinto ng bahay nila, like he was nervous someone would come in.

Evie
I didn't say you were!

Jachin
E kasi 'yong ambiance, bub. Madilim. TV lang ilaw natin. Malamig. Ano na lang iisipin niya 'pag nakita niya tayong ganito?

Evie
Like you didn't grab the box kanina sa grocery!

Jachin couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled out of him and reached for her to wrap his arm around her shoulders and kiss the side of her head.

Jachin
Joke lang 'yon, bub.

Evie
But eventually. . .

Jachin
Pag-usapan natin 'pag kailangan na. Sa ngayon, 'wag muna. 'Wag kang ma-pressure.

She nodded and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Jachin
Pero. . . pwede na ba akong maningil ng kiss?

Evie
Again? Bub, I swear—

Evie wasn't able to finish her sentence because Jachin had already claimed her lips.

It was sweet and gentle while it lasted, and then it was intense and heavy, and ended with them lying on the floor.

Sandaling tumigil si Jachin para titigan siya sa mga mata.

And then they both laughed when they saw Coco looking at them.

Jachin
Sorry, Coco, pero pwedeng umalis ka muna? Bawal sa mga bata.

Evie
Bub!

Jachin
Baka magalit sa 'kin, e.

Evie
No, he won't. Aalis din 'yan mamaya.

Evie grasped Jachin's shirt and pulled him down to resume their kiss.

This made Jachin laugh because it only meant that Evie liked what they were doing as much as he did.

His hand reached for the buttons of the flannel that she was wearing.

Jachin
Can I?

Evie slowly nodded, eyes hazy.

Ngumiti si Jachin bago tinanggal ang pagkakabutones nito, exposing her neck, collarbones, and the top of her chest.

He peppered it with small open-mouthed kisses until he felt Evie tugging his hair.

Evie
Bub. . .

Jachin lifted his head and was about to ask why she called for his name when a loud sound interrupted them. A phone call.

And it was from Jachin's phone.

* * *

#ATSWHIwp