Chapter Three | Friends

✰ 𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩! ✰
〈 𝙞𝙢 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣 〉

Weeks went by after the incident at your workplace with the attack from the villains. The whole crew that worked in that workplace was off work until they were able to fix the building. You took this opportunity to watch over your friend, Asuna. She didn't have severe injuries but she still had a head injury that could have been serious if not properly taken care of.

Currently, the two of you were walking down the streets of Japan, walking towards the closest mini shop to pick up more medicine for Asuna. While you two walked, the two of you could hear fangirls squealing with excitement. Asuna was staring up in awe at the bird-like male flying down towards the two of you while you were looking down at your phone talking about how to treat her wound properly.

Hawks soon landed in front of the two of you, his hand on his hip as he stared at two of you. Asuna stopped in her tracks as she gasped a bit, putting her hands over her mouth while you.. bumped into the male, causing you to stumble a bit, Hawks immediately catching you.

"Careful! You should watch where you walk there little lady."

He says with a cocky grin on his face, holding you up he stared at your face. You looked up at the male in awe, staring up at his face while your eyes sparkled a bit. The two of you stared at each other for a while before Hawks eventually pulled back, putting you back on your feet.

"I saw you around the area and thought I would come by and say hi."

He said with a smile, watching as you held your balance and composed yourself. You looked up at the male with a smile, your cheeks turning pink from just his presence. You were about to say something before Asuna had jumped in, a wide smile on her face as her eyes went wide, moving herself closer towards Hawks.

"Oh my gosh how do you know Y/N? Are you guys friends? Super close or something? Are you guys going out? Did she hook up with you because I know she keeps saying she doesn't need a man but you seem like a pretty cool guy and she's just been pretty lonely for a long time so I don't want anything bad to happen to her you know? Oh my gosh when's the wedding?!"

Asuna started to ramble on, every word she said she would move closer to the male, her smile brightening with every word. Hawks just backed away from the female awkwardly with a smile, putting his hands in the air before he eventually flew up one of his feathers, lifting her up by her shirt as she continued to ramble on, not even realizing she was being lifted up in the air.

You watched Hawks lift Asuna into the air with an amused smile on your face, glancing your attention back at the male as you rubbed your arm nervously, your cheeks a soft pink color.

"Sorry about her.. she's always been like that. Whenever she sees me have a new guy friend she gets all excited and thinks I'm going to automatically date them."

You say to the male with a soft giggle leaving your lips. Hawks chuckles out at your words, finding it all amusing and funny to him. His eye brows fluttered at her calling them "friends" causing his cocky grin to return back to him.

"Oh? You see us two as friends huh?"

Hawks teased as he placed his hand over his mouth, looking off to the side slightly like if he was embarrassed. It took you a couple moments to realize what you had called the two of you as you gasped out, your face turning red as you blushed heavily, waving your hands in the air rapidly.

"O-Oh I-I mean! I didn't mean it like that!- I-I mean I did but- oh god now I'm just making it worse-"

You say as you groan out slightly, putting your hands over your face as you mumble nonsense to yourself. Hawks laughed out at your reaction, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye as he chuckled slightly.

"It's alright, kid. I wouldn't mind being your friend, you seem like a cool chick. Here- to confirm it I'll give you my number."

Hawks says before taking out a pen from his pocket, spinning it around his fingers before reaching over and grabbing your hand from your face, turning it over and began writing his number on the palm of your hand. You slowly uncover your other hand from your face, watching the male write his number down on your palm in awe. You could feel your heart beating rapidly, you were embarrassed but also excited, you were going to be friends with your hero.

"And there we go- just give me a ring or text whenever you wanna hang, I'm mostly free."

Hawks said casually before letting go of your hand, putting the pen back in his pocket. You stare down at your hand, seeing his phone number with a small heart on the side written down. You couldn't help but to smile at it, your cheeks flushing up before looking back up at the male happily.

"Sure.. thank you."

You say sweetly, causing Hawks to smile at you, gently setting Asuna back down on the ground as she continued to ramble on, his loose feather going back into his wings.

"Well I should be off, my patrol isn't over yet. You two be safe.. I'll see you soon, Y/N."

Hawks says with a wink before flying off, a huge gust of wind almost sending you and Asuna flying. You both stumble a bit before balancing yourselves, yours and Asuna's hair a bit poofy and all over the place. Once Hawks is out of sight Asuna smiles brightly, grabbing your shoulders and shaking you.

"What was that?! Did he just give you his phone number?! Do you know what this means right? He likes you! Oh this is so exciting! We should go home and celebrate!"

Asuna laughs out with joy, throwing her hands up in the air before starting to walk off the direction to your apartment complex, talking about all the possibilities of you and Hawks getting together. You watch Asuna walk off with a smile, shaking your head gently before glancing back down at your hand, looking at Hawks phone number again. You stare at it for a while before hearing Asuna yelling for you, causing you to snap out of your gaze and yell back at her. You then start to run towards the female, but the thought of talking to Hawks more often running through your head. You can't mess this up.