9

February 4, 1944

The snow had kept falling from the sky. Pete and Will were outside making a snow fort or something.

I was in the living room reading a book on found on the shelf. Mrs. Carlsen was making soup for us.

That's really all we ate, but I can't complain because she makes good soup.

My book wasn't very interesting so I got up. My room was open so I went in. Usually Mary is in the our room but I guess she found the bathroom instead of the bathroom instead.

She loves to look at herself and put too much blush on her face. Mary happens to love "our" room.

Grabbing a different book I went back downstairs. Pete and Will came pushing in.

"I get to give it to her," shouted Pete. "No I do," yelled Will. "Oh heavens sake boys who's it for," Mrs. Carlsen said.

"Margaret it's from that Major or whatever his name is," Pete said. Quickly I grabbed it out of his hand.

The smile on my face was visible I bet the whole room could see it. Mary came down when she heard the conversation.

"Why is she getting letters from soldiers anyway," Mary protested. "Because she happens to know the Major quite well," Mrs. Carlsen said.

"Well we will leave you to read it then,"
Mrs. Carlsen said while grabbing the boys hands.

My hands quickly opened the letter.

Dear Margaret,
We have been busy trying not to freeze in this hell whole. They don't have heaters and the crew is spending time napping most of the day.
The guys with you not causing trouble? I'd hate having to break out of this camp and come give them a lesson.
Anyway right now Buck is going crazy about his letter to Marge. But I think writing you would help me not be board as much as I usually am.
Write back okay or I might have to threaten my troops here to come get you.
From Bucky

I cloud feel my lips go up, he really wrote back. It took a month but it was a good letter.

My heart was warm and what was I feeling in my stomach. It was whirling around.

I had no idea but at least I got my letter. A letter from Bucky.