18

The rain had clouded the windows over the summer heat. It was a boring Monday.

Bucky had to go back to Kentucky for a couple of days. But he told me to write him even though he only going to be gone for a couple of days.

Dear Bucky,
So maybe I'm writing this in the middle of the day but so be it. The weather here isn't the nicest. It's been raining all day. My classes this week have been canceled because of the weather. Oh I hope you're doing okay with Buck.
I heard about Buck, Rosie, Crosby, and yourself will finally be together again. Ask them how they are for me. I haven't seen them in a while.
Yours, Margaret

I put the pen down and closed the letter. I was going to send it once it stopped raining outside.

Maybe I should write Rosie back. He told me about a girl he's been dating for a while now.

I'm honestly proud of him over the past couple of years hasn't been easy.

Dear Rosie,
I hear your with your pals again. Bucky wrote me I know there is a thing called a phone but let's be real you don't know how to pick one up. Sorry but it had to be said. Rosie you have to write me at least and I mean it. Robert Rosenthal you better and I mean it.
I might have to go there myself and explain how important it is to keep up with your friends.
From, Margaret

Smiling to myself I closed the letter and put it aside. I knew most of them needed at least one letter from me. I haven't written to them since I got here a couple of years ago.

Crosby was a father of 3 kids already. And Buck was a new father. Not to mention how Rosie is. I looked at a picture of Bucky and me when I was 15.

He still needs his happy ending, most of the guys have already moved on and found other things but Bucky is still thinking about what happened.

He talks to me about what happened in the camp but not much. I just wish he would talk to me about it but I know I can't force him.

So then after thinking for a bit I ended up writing my next letter to Crosby.

Dear Crosby,
Thanks so much for the last letter. It's been awhile I know. Don't worry either I know Bucky has been catching you up. I have my finals next week and after that I'm free.
Please come down here I beg you. At least tell your wife too it would be a lovely vacation. And please tell Rosie to respond to my phone calls.
From, Margaret

Dear Buck,
Okay I know what you're going to say Buck. That I'm not responding to your calls but I promise there's a reason for it. I'm in my couple of weeks for school and need to study.
Also Bucky has been a distraction because he's been staying for 2 weeks now. For your information Buck, Bucky has been good. He loves South Carolina which I didn't think he would. Kinda a shock for me but he says it's much nicer here than Georgia. Anyway tell that son of yours I said hi, his aunt would love to come see him.
From, Margaret

Later that evening when it stopped raining I stopped by the post office and sent my letters hoping someone would reply.