15

April 12, 1948

Walking back home from shopping with one of my friends we talked about guys.

"No Margaret it's Peter I'm telling you," Ruby said. "Well I thought Peter was an okay guy," I said. "What guy standers do you have," Anne said.

We were laughing and already close to the house. "Her standers are soldiers," Anne said. "Anne," I yelled.

"It's true I mean how many letters do you get a month from that Major you always write too," Anne asked.

"Not to mention the calls that come at least 5 times a week," Ruby said. "Guys stop it's not that serious we're just friends"

As we saw the house in front there were lots of cars in the front. "Are we suppose to have anyone over," Anne asked. "Not that I think so," I said.

We walked in front of the yard and saw a military car sitting in front. The smile that went up my face was pretty visible.

"Ohhhh," Ruby said. "Stop" We all went inside. When we got in the kitchen and saw one of the girls in the house there.

"Hey what's happening," I asked Allie. "Umm there a cute military pilot sitting in our living room"

"Okay who he say he's here for?" "You," Allie said. As I walked over to the living room I could see Bucky standing up looking outside the window.

I stood there for a moment just watching him. "Well look who actually showed up," I said.

Bucky turned around and smiled at me. "Margaret" "Bucky" I walked towards him and gave him a hug.

He started laughing when he pulled me into the hug. "Doll you look different," Bucky stated.

"Really," I mean I hadn't changed much only maybe in the face. I was still short but I don't think Bucky cares for that.

"Just the eyes and um mouth area" he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "John Egan what are you doing here," it came out happily.

"Well I got time off and wanted to see you. I haven't seen you in what 3 years" the smile that hit my lips went wide.

"Aw John did you miss me," I said while holding my hands on my sides. "Just a little bit," showing a little gap with his fingers.

"I bet you did" "anyway when I got here there was a mob of ladies circling me when I got here," Bucky said. That's about right I thought to myself.

"I'm here for a couple of days so I can hang out with you," he asked in his sweat voice. "Yeah" I hugged him super tight.

Bucky was still in his uniform and hadn't taken it off before he came here and it showed. Look I like the man as a friend but god he looked so good in the uniform.

His curls were falling in front of his forehead. My hand went up to move the curls out of his face. When I moved them back I was going to put my hand back down before he grabbed my wrist.

His hand moved to my hair were he moved the hair in my face behind my ear. I couldn't move from that spot even when he started to walk away from me.

I cleared my throat and walked with him. "Well then your going to have to see downtown it's breathtaking" Bucky turned his head at me and looked me up and down "I bet"

I grabbed his hand and started to walk out of the house. I felt bad because Bucky was just trying to catch up with me because I was so excited to see him.

"Slow down doll" "what a Major can't keep up with me" He just smiled at me with that stupid smile.

"Let's go" and we ran off to a busy downtown.