12

July 17, 1945

My hand was on a picture of Bucky. During the night when I can't sleep I come up to the bunk house and go through Bucky stuff.

The pictures of him with his whole crew when he first started, all the pictures with Buck and some other guy named Curtis.

He had a baseball that was dirty I mean lots of dirt. It needed a wash but I knew it had a deeper meaning to Bucky.

The blanket in his trunk some how still smelt like him. Why was I missing him so much I mean it didn't hurt that much last time.

He was some where else either dead or alive probably I hoped he was alive some where. He needed to be otherwise I wouldn't make it here.

The door opened and I put his baseball back, Buck was standing over me. "You weren't in bed" I felt bad for Buck I really did. He was away from his best friend and girlfriend.

"sorry I just miss him" Buck sat down right next to me. "Look I know you guys were close during everything but he would want you not to worry" "God why did he have to do that," I was getting mad at him now.

"Well I don't know" "He told me about you in the camp how you saw your parents get murdered right in front of you" "Yeah I mean it was a while ago now and I'm over it"

"I'm just worried about Bucky" "We can talk about him tomorrow okay you need to go to bed" "Thanks Buck," I said. "yeah"

July 18, 1945

When I got up in the morning I had breakfast with Buck in the dinning hall. There were so many soldiers looking at us both. I mean I think they thought we walked out of hell which we did.

"Don't let them get to you," Buck was eating some oatmeal. "There just interested in how you survived that's all"

"Yeah I'm starting to think that myself" Crosby was sitting at our table listening to our conversation.

"I'm done," I got up and walked down the hall. Most of the guys were looking at me. I needed fresh air.

All the memories with Bucky came up again well being here does that. I was in a summer dress that was blue.

My eyes were so close to having tears down my face. All of this I couldn't handle it's too much. "You know I had the same thought about being back here for the first time," Rosie said behind me.

"About what," I asked him. "Well we had a mission and lost all our pilots and the only plane that landed was ours" "I couldn't bring myself to look at the names on the wall," Rosie said.

"It's just I can't without him" "Well I know from what I hear he had a soft spot for you" "Margaret his always going to be here I mean in this camp you just have to except that"

"What if I don't without him," I asked. "Well then your going to drown"

August 3, 1945

The morning started off with me getting woken up by loud guys singing happy birthday to me. "What guys it's not even my birthday" "Well since you haven't had a proper birthday in some time we thought we give you one"

"Guys please" Rosie picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Rosie," I yelled at him. My eyes caught Buck and Crosby also with the plan.

"Buck really" He was laughing his ass off. Rosie finally set me down "well Margaret we have something for you in the dinning hall be there in 5 minutes K"

I punched Roșie în the arm "Okay go" They all left my room and I finally got dressed. When I arrived in the dinning hall I saw a plate of strawberry pancakes.

"Oh thank you guys" I gave all of them a hug. "Well we did acquire candles even though Rosie isn't even supposed to have them," Crosby said.

They put the candles in my pancakes and lit them up. "Make a wish," Buck said. I knew the one thing I was going to wish for.

I blew out the candles...

So happy Thursday I'm done with school so enjoy this chapter~ Author