Chapter 12

Zaid

Despite learning a whole lot of new information about Terez, I still feel like I know nothing of use. We found out about her whole background story, but really, what use is any of that to us?

Sure, she told us about how he runs his club and other illegal things he does, but that's nothing of a surprise.

She had no idea as to why Calli had been kidnapped. She had no idea who Kyro was. She also refused to tell us about her powers. She said she didn't remember much from her childhood, but I don't believe her.

But why would someone that powerful leave whatever place she came from? Not even Mum could undo a spell she cast. But I don't think she really knows how powerful she actually is.

She has a big ego, but I think it's because of her ability in combat, not because of her powers. She's messy. Wherever she came from, she was never fully trained on how to use her magic. When we found her in the hallway to the cells, she was wrapped with rope so she couldn't use her magic but even with the ropes blocking her magic, I could still smell it on her.

"I just don't understand why she hasn't tried to leave yet." I say to Darcy and I can tell by her expression that she's been wondering the same thing.

"Well by the sounds of it, Terez was the main person in her life. He controlled her." Chantelle says, "If she goes back, she'll be punished. I don't understand why she tried to escape."

"It's just a thought, but maybe it could be because she was getting tortured." Axis says bluntly. He's been acting off ever since we found Calli and the girl. "I wouldn't be in a hurry to get back to the person that whipped me, either."

Calli had taken the girl up with her earlier and the two of them are now asleep in Axis' bedroom. Which was lucky because it's given us time to debrief after our interrogation.

"I still don't think we can trust her." I say, "She's still hiding too much. She would always change the conversation anytime we directed it towards her past or her powers."

Some of the times she changed the subject it was a subtle, almost accidental change. But some of the times she would make an obvious change, specifically when we asked her about her powers. She said she didn't know why she didn't kill us, which doesn't make sense. She said she wanted to kill us but her magic didn't let her. Her answers just didn't add up.

"I believe that the information she gave us about Terez and Kyro was true." Darcy says, "It wouldn't make sense to lie about what she does in the fighting ring or how she got into the business."

"How she was forced into the business." Axis mumbles.

"I think we need to question her again." Chantelle says, "Give her a truth serum. Why are we treating her any different to all the other Fae we caught? She tried to kill you two when you helped her."

"But she didn't kill us." Axis says.

"She admitted that she wanted to." Chantelle says bluntly, turning away from Axis and to me, "You'd kill anyone in a heartbeat if they mentioned they wanted to kill you."

"She said her magic wouldn't let her." I say. But she's right. If anyone were to threaten me, I'd kill them before they got a chance to go through with it.

"There's other ways to kill someone than with magic." Chantelle counters, rolling her eyes.

I know that she's being reasonable. But the thought of killing her, "We had stopped her from killing the people that tried to drug and do who knows what with her." I say, "Of course she was going to want to kill us."