Life Saver

Marjorie's POV:
i woke up on time and headed out to work. i grabbed myself a large coffee as i barely slept and got to the office with 2 minutes to spare. i unlocked everything and logged on, ready to start the day. thank god it was friday.

Reeces POV:
i woke up early and got myself ready. i rung mia 5 times to ask if she wanted a lift but i got no response. i decided she had probably overslept so i just drove myself to work. as soon as i got in my car, i realised i was low on fuel. seen as how i was early, i headed to the petrol station.

'hi, yeah im gas pump 7' i say to the guy at the till
'okay thats £100'
gosh this cost of living crisis! i out my card in and type in my pin number. declined
'oh sorry let me just try again' i say apologising
declined
i quickly check my bank balance and see i only have £73. what?
'mate i'm sorry i don't have enough. can i come back later, i get payed today' i say
'fine what's your name' the operator asks
'reece'
'okay see you later reece'
with that i drive off absolutely mortified. what has happened.
when i arrive at work i try to call mia. no answer. i sigh and open my drawer to grab some gum, when i see a note. the note reads:

 the note reads:

omg. i can't believe it. autumn and carly were right. i'm fucked, what do i do???
i slumped down in my chair, turned my out of office on and just cried.

~~~
2 weeks later

Reeces POV;
it took weeks to sort myself out after mia and kenny left me. i told everyone i had the flu so took time off work, autumn rang me a few times but i ignored her. i didn't want to go to the police though because they couldn't do anything. they had fled!

when i got payed a few fridays ago, i went back to the petrol station and payed off my debt. i begged my dad to lend me some, which he did, but i also begged him not to tell autumn. i'm still struggling though, and my rent went up. i couldn't pay it or it would of left me with literally nothing. so i made the hard decision and moved out this morning. still life is not too bad. i still have steady income from work and im going back tomorrow to get used to some normality. no one knows what has happened so im driving over to tell autumn. i need a place to stay.

'hey autumn' i say weakly as she opens the door.
'omg reece, wth has happened!' she says dragging me in and placing me on her sofa
'a few weeks ago mia left me. and she took all my money. she was stealing off me autumn'
'omg reece u should have told me!'
' i know i know i just couldn't bring myself to it.' i sigh
'so how are you' she asks
'well im building my income back up. but i had to leave my apartment. the rent was too much'
'well that apartment was huge. it could of basically been a house, i'm not surprised rent was so expensive' she scoffs
'anyways, i need a place to stay, can i stay here?' i ask
'what???' she questions
'well im not staying with dad and i have no one else' i admit
'reece, the spare room is full of junk there is no extra bed. besides i warned you about mia but your stubborness got the better of you ... again!' she says angrily, ' i will help you in any other way you jsut can't stay here, im sorry'
'it's fine, i should of known,' i chuckle, 'will i ever learn?'
'it's okay reece, you could always suck it up and stay with dad and siobhan?' she says
'i will see, goodnight aut'
'night reece'
with that i got in my car and drove to the only person i could think of. marjorie.

Marjorie's POV:
i was jsut about to snuggle down in my pjs, when the doorbell rang. i prayed it wasn't mia or kenny, but to my suprise reece was stood in my doorstep, holding a suitcase.
'reece? where have you been??' i ask, gesturing for him to come inside.
'it's a long story' he scoffs
'okay... come in and you can tell me.' i ask unsure of what to do.
'ok' he says. he starts at the beginning and tells me everything that has been happening.
'omg reece, why didn't you tell me weeks ago!' i say rubbing his shoulder. the guy pissed me off but i still feel bad for him.

'i couldn't face the embarrassment. i should of listened to autumn and carly, and you' he says sadly, 'now autumn won't have me, i have no one marjorie'
he looks up to me with sad eyes and my heart breaks.
'why won't autumn have you?' i ask

'there's no room and she is annoyed because i was stubborn and she warned me. she said she would help in any other way though'
'so you don't have anywhere to stay?' i ask
'no. apart from my car, marjorie im sorry for interrupting you i didn't know where else to come. i'll go now' he says getting up to leave, but i grab his hand and his eyes lock with mine
'ofc you can stay here reece' i say nodding

'thank you so much, your a life saver' he says hugging me and his familiar scent makes me feel safe.

'you can sleep in the spare bedroom, first one on the right' i say, my face forming a weak smile

'thank you. and i think we need to discuss what's happened over the last few months, regarding us.' he says. i know he's right but im too tired right now.

'tomorrow reece' i say following him upstairs. i walk into my room and think about what i jsut agreed too. reece is two doors down the hall. what is happening???

friends again????