Chapter 3

After the sparring match I returned to my room, exhausted and confused. Why did he make me feel this way, my stomach got nervous with him. Plus, the things I was supposed to do to his father...

"Hello mi ocelle." Said a deep, hearty voice.

"Aiva!" I exclaimed, wrapping her in my arms.

I examined her, it had been a few months since I last saw my grandmother. While we were poor, Aiva was rich. She was not nobility, but she lived in an old summer estate on the edges of town, right next to the castle. Since we were so poor, and wagons costed money, it was rare that I saw her. But every time I did I was glad. Plus now that I was staying at the palace, I could see her a lot more.

"Now tell me why I was very rudely escorted from tea and poker." Aiva said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry Aiva, but they brought me to the palace to be the new royal designer, and I asked to see you." I said sheepishly, shifting on my feet.

"Awww mi ocelle that's so sweet, but your guards are very rude." She said, enveloping me in a hug again.

"Now tell me what is going on between you and that little prince." She said, as if it were mere tea time gossip.

"Aiva!" I exclaimed, "Nothing, I just sort of...was rude to him last night."

Her pointed stare made me explain more, "You see Aiva, I was drinking wine, and I had a couple to many glasses-"

"You drunk wine! Why?" She exclaimed, putting her hand on her head.

"Aiva please just listen," I pleaded, "Prince Kao offered me another glass, when I tried to grab it from his hand and he held it away, telling me only a kiss could get it back."

"I will kill the prince." My Aiva said before I could finish.

I gave her an exasperated stare. I loved her, and she did mean well, but she was exhausting sometimes.

"Well I threw the glass of wine on him. He had a white suit on, and then I told him 'How's that for a kiss', and anyways the royal family were angry, but they are letting me stay." I said before she interrupt anymore.

She burst out laughing, "Aha, that is my girl! Serves him right."

I gave her a little smile as I sat down with her on the bed. Her tan dark skin looked nice around her wrinkles, her black hair still had its beautiful shine, even with a few of her grey hairs coming in.

"So tell me little one, how are you, really?" She asked, a concerned look on her face.

"I am...tired Aiva. Everything is so complicated. Prince Kao is exhausting, the King is so complicated that I can't possibly think to figure him out. But I've been having this dream for the past 2 1/2 months. I need your help figuring it out." I said.

"I figured as much, your spirit is overwhelmed with so many things mi ocelle. But tell me this dream of yours." She replied.

As I explained to her my dream and how eerie it was, my mind went back to what the Queen claimed. I could never kill anyone and I knew that. But my subconscious did not.

"Mi ocelle...you know I will always love you right? That nothing could change that?" She asked, her eyes not meeting mine.

"Explain Aiva. I know that but explain." I said.

"Your dream is that of an old, old prophecy. One that has existed since the Gods. I knew it would one day happen. But I didn't expect it to happen now, or that my granddaughter would have to...complete that prophecy." She said, her cheeks red.