Chapter 2~ You're Still You♡

Reana☆~

My alarm was buzzing with its horrific, beeping sound.

Not being able to excuse my anger issues, I threw it a bit too hard but I'm thankful it didn't break.

It was the day. The day I would meet him again. The day I'll see those people again, whom I once saw, the day my life would again change.

I took a warm bath before changing into the uniform of my new-but-old school.

I asked Searen to drop me off to school before going to the company.

While he was driving, he asked me several questions about if I'm sure I could do this or not, to which I only nodded a yes.

After reaching in front of the first gate, I took off my seat belt and was about to get out of the car, but Searen stopped me.

"Call me immediately if something happens, okay?" He told me, he seemed more nervous than me.

I again nodded "yes", bid him a goodbye and went outside the car.

It was the first day of the semester.

Me, being my usual self, hands in the pockets, emotionless, walked through the corridors, where busy teenagers were probably gossiping and busy with their phones.

Out of nowhere, a girl, who looked my age, came to me with her gang or minions, anything she used to call them.

"Hey, you, are you new?" The girl asked me. "You can say so," I replied without changing any of my expressions.

"I want you to give me a proper answer, newbie," She glared at me and said in a picking tone.

"What would a proper answer be for you?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow a bit at her.

"Hey, are you playing with me?" The girl 'seemed' angry.

"Fúck off," I hated wasting time, and I didn't allow my anger issues to hit on me once again.

The girl's jaw dropped and her minions gasped, so what? I didn't care anyways.

I went to my class, the bell hadn't rung yet.

Seemed like only some people were in my class, although I wasn't able to recognize them.

I decided to go to the washroom.

On my way back, the class was nearly full. I recognized some people and a girl who had been calling and asking about me ever since I left.

Suddenly, someone's eyes caught mine.

He had dark blue eyes.

Curly, brown and messy hair which seemed to fall down his forehead.

His jaw was shaped perfectly. His figure was fit, not to mention the muscles in his arms.

His lips were plump, red and heart shaped.

Only then did I notice who it actually was,

Alex Grayson.

He, as everyone had ever saw him, was the son of the country's most powerful mafia gang's leader and the next mafia leader after his father.

But there was also something else about him. 

I dated him for a long time before transferring schools, I never got his number which made it difficult to communicate with him.

Everyone knew about this, they used to admire us as couples.

But everything just broke into pieces after just one, one word that my parents had said, "transfer".

It didn't seem like our classmates still admire him, not after knowing about his father.

I was staring at him, blindly, didn't even notice when he was staring back at me.

I loved that feeling, his eyes on mine, I loved it.

Suddenly, he started moving closer to me, another step, another one.

He was now inches away from me.

Shit.

His breath made me feel something flutter inside me, butterflies?

Finally, he said, with his super deep voice, "Reana?"

Something was happening to me, I wasn't being able to move. I just froze in place.

My name, when he says it, it sounds so.....beautiful.

"Alex?" It just came out of my mouth, ever so lightly, but I was sure he heard it, only him.

He pulled me into a hug, just a normal hug, but it still felt so warm and passionate, it was something that I wanted for a long time, no, something that I craved.

I hugged him back, not wanting to let go.

That's when my super weird classmates , altogether, screamed, "Ooooooohhhh," and some chattering something that sounded like,"They must be dating,".

That was only until he let go of me.

Steven, one of Alex's best friends, clapped his hands to stop the chattering.

"Looks like y'all forgot who your gossiping about," Liam from the other side tried to mimick and tell the whole class about them being mafias, while looking at a book.

Liam and Steven were the only close friends of Alex since he didn't trust just anyone, they also joined the mafia, as I knew.

They obviously loved showing off.

Alex and me, both of us were staring deep into our souls, it felt like, we changed but something about us was still the same.

I went to an empty seat, at the back. The only seat empty was the one beside the desk of Alex and Steven and in front of them sat Liam.

Soon after, the teacher arrived and we started off with class though Steven wasn't with his book or anything, he was spinning his pen.

Liam was taking notes as it seemed like.

On the other hand, I saw Alex, who was looking straight into his book. This was unexpected. Alex never liked studying as far as I knew.

I pushed away all thoughts and went back to my book.

It was now break.

I was reading notes from the previous classes when I noticed Liam nodding to me to come over to their seat.

"What?" I say, blankly. "How are you doing?" He asked me.

"I don't know, what about you?" I asked him back.

"My usual self," He replied. I waved at Steven, and he waved back.

All I knew about these guys was that Steven was the ultimate playboy of the group,

Liam was a a quiet guy, usually studying, listening to music or painting.

Alex, was the football team captain, not interested in relationship. I guess there was something special between both of us and that's why he dated me.

Alex was not in class, wherever he was, when he came back and saw me, his face was cold, emotionless.

He came and stood beside me, looking at me like it was the first time.

Out of nowhere, Steven says, "Hey, you've changed a lot since I last saw you,"

"Really?" I asked him, though I already knew I did change.

"You didn't, starlight," Alex answered my question.

I looked at him blankly, not being able to understand what he meant.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"You're still you, Starlight." He said to me.

And butterflies again.