Chapter 12

please enjoy this chapter (:

Clove's POV:

Ian knows where Cato lives, he wants to go to Cato's house and talk to his mom, but i'm not so sure.

"What If she tries to hurt one of us?" I ask Ian as we walk out of history class .

"She won't," He says.

"How do you know?"I ask.

"I don't, but we need to do something," Ian's walking toward the English hall.

"I have math," I say, starting to turn around.

"Meet me by the main staircase after school," He says, I nod, and then turn around.

I walk back toward the locker rooms, which are right next to the training gym I always go to.

Fortunately for me, Olivia isn't here yet, but her little goons are. I know one of them is named Brin Marley, but I don't know the other ones.

Brin and I used to be friends, until she left me for the "Popular girls group" In 6th grade. Ever since then we've been...acquaintances. Brin's never mean to me necessarily, but she's not nice. Today she looks at me funny when I walk through the door, like she knows something bad is going to happen to me. Which I guess is true since I'm going into the games. The other girl ignores me completely, which I respect.

I walk over to my locker and type in the code, I grab out my athletic bag and find a corner in the room where no one can see me. I hate changing in front of other people. I take off my navy blue fitted tee and white jeans, and throw on a slightly oversized dark purple shirt and black athletic shorts.

Brin's still looking at me funny and I look over at her, our eyes meet for a second before she quickly turns her head. What is her deal?

Olivia runs in right before the trainer does.

"Laps!" Cassidy yells. We start running. I start out near the front of the line but Olivia catches up to me pretty fast, Brin's not far behind her.

I stay in front of Olivia for most of the way, but she passes me on our third lap. I let her, not wanting to waste all my energy in the first 10 minutes of class. Soon Brin and I are running together. She keeps looking over at me like she needs to say something. After about a minute of that I get feed up.

"Spit it out," I say, still running next to her.

"What?" She has the audacity to pretend to not know.

"You've been looking at me funny all class," I persist.

"No I haven't," Brain starts to speed up.

"Yes you have," I follow.

Brin's silent for a moment.

"Nothing," Then she sprints past me, joining Olivia at the front of the group.

"Stop!" Cassidy yells and we all stop running and make our way over to him. "Pair up," He says. Of course Brin and Olivia pair up, and I'm stuck with some other loner who's probably not that good. "Sword dueling," He says, pointing towards the blunt swords at the end of the training gym. "You guys know the drill."

We duel for a good 30 minutes, exchanging blows and fighting tactics. My partner's not as bad as I thought, but she's not nearly as good as Cato is at sword fighting. "Try not to be so obvious," I say to the girl. I can't help but try to correct her.

"Thanks," she says, though she doesn't sound it.

"I'm just trying to help you," I say.

"You're treating me like a child," She responds.

"I'm not," I retort.

"Do you even know my name?" She asks, staring right at me.

I'm silent for a second, of course I don't know her name. "Well...What's my name?" I ask.

"Clove Kentwell," she replies immediately. "15 years old, Partnered with Cato Hadley, supposed to volunteer for the 74th hunger games." Oh. I really underestimated her.

"Sorry," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that?" No-name girl asks, clearly trying to mess with me.

"Sorry," I say, much more forcefully this time.

"Kentwell, Anderson!" Cassidy yells out, using our last names. "Are you fighting or talking?" he asks. "Get back to work!"  

SOOOOO sorry that this chapter was pretty bad and short. I really wanted to get something posted and I was completely out of ideas. Hopefully you're enjoying my story so far and of course I would love it if you voted or commented! Main characters belong to Suzanne Collins (: