Chapter 1

This is my first fanfic so please don't judge too harshly. hope you enjoy this chapter (:

Cloves POV:

Smack smack smack. Three bullseye's. I smile staring at the knives embedded in the stuffed dummies.

"Aww good try," a voice says behind me. I whip around. Cato.

"I got three bullseye's," I retort.

"Can you do four?" he asks. I grab a knife, position it in my hand and chuck it at the fourth dummy. Smack. Bullseye. Cato looks pleased.

"You try," I say, retrieving the knives and handing them to him

"Okay," he says, taking the knives. He throws one, bullseye, then he throws the next bullseye, then the next, bullseye. He turns around smiling at me.

"You need five to beat me," I say

He throws the next. Two inches above the bullseye. He groans, I laugh.

"I only missed one," He complains. I grab the knife out of his hands and let it soar toward the target. Bullseye.

"I never miss"

That's when I hear the giggles. I look up. Three girls are sitting on the balcony, watching Cato and I. I roll my eyes but Cato waves. 

"Hi ladies," he says. The girls giggle staring down at Cato.

There are always girls around when I train with Cato. He's the most popular boy from school, and the strongest. We train together every day and sometimes on the weekends. Cato and I have been training for the hunger games ever since we were 8 years old.

"Hi Cato," The blonde girl coos. I have to turn around to keep from throwing up. Cato walks over and reaches his arm up to grab the girl's hand above him.

"Who are you?" Cato asks the blonde.

"Olivia Langley," The girl says, staring into Cato's eyes. All of a sudden I feel slightly jealous. Why is Cato giving this girl so much attention? We're supposed to be training. I grab a knife out of the rack and aim.

"Cato!" Olivia screeches as the knife comes whizzing past him and embeds in the wall an inch away from where he stands. All three of the girls shriek. The two other girls stand up and run out of the room, but Olivia stays there.

She's staring right at me "Good luck with her," She promptly turns away, following the others out the door.

Cato turns to me, he looks annoyed. "What was that for?" He asks.

"I was getting bored," I reply, staring him down.

"And I was getting a girlfriend,"

What? "You like that girl?"

"She's cute," Cato says, turning toward the sword rack on the other side of the gym.

Before I can say anything else the kids from the 12-13 group come running into the gym. Cato and I both glance at the clock, we should have been out of here 10 minutes ago.

We quickly tidy up our stuff and leave before the trainers can yell at us. We split up and I head toward the girls locker room in the training center. I pack up my stuff and start to head home.

A/N thanks for reading <3